Jorge Soler finally available

Icterus galbula

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone actually seen anything about us having interest since he became available? I haven't seen our name mentioned anywhere at all. I don't remember reading anything about the A's being in on Cespedes either. So maybe DD is keeping it on the down low like the A's did, at least that's what i'm praying is happening! We have not had a legit power hitting OF prospect in a while. If you add Soler to Bundy, Machado, Gausman, Schoop, and Delmonico things look much brighter for our future. I would think almost all of them would be ready for the majors in a couple seasons Soler is exactly what we need.

I will take the field. After Chapman and Cespedes I am convinced that the winning team could come out of left field.

Good call. But I think if the Yanks or Cubs REALLY wanted him, they could make it happen.

Man, for being such a bad team for so long, the Cubs get a lot of attention. I hate that about them.

So, today is the day we should hear where Soler signs. Doe's anyone think we are actually involved? I have yet to actually read anything about us getting involved besides speculation from months ago. I'm praying we come out of left field and snag Soler. He would be the best OF prospect since Hammonds. I read he would have easily been a top 5 pick in the draft maybe even considered with the #1 pick overall. How great would it be to be able to say we added the #1 pitcher and the #1 bat. If DD is going to make a splash this should be it! Most fans could not be happier with what DD has done since taking over, a move like this would just put him over the top in my eyes!

Yesterday's link mentions that he's signing a 4-year deal. If that's the case, is $20+ million even worth it? A lot of the discussion on twitter last night about Soler suggests he should start out in A-ball (lo-A) and he'd most likely need a full year in the minors. Add a year (at least) of growing pains in the majors since he'll only be 21 or 22 and they may only get 2 productive years if they're lucky before he heads to free agency.

Yesterday's link mentions that he's signing a 4-year deal. If that's the case, is $20+ million even worth it? A lot of the discussion on twitter last night about Soler suggests he should start out in A-ball (lo-A) and he'd most likely need a full year in the minors. Add a year (at least) of growing pains in the majors since he'll only be 21 or 22 and they may only get 2 productive years if they're lucky before he heads to free agency.

He'd still be under control for six MLB years of service time.

Archived