Huge crowds this weekend?

Frobby

41,794 today. I went on Friday and Saturday, and it was the best atmosphere I've seen in a long time on Friday.

Way too many waves yesterday.

I hate when people do the wave when the team is losing. I refused to do it. Of course, I ended up participating on the last go round by accident. The O's ended the inning and I stood to watch the out just as the wave got around to me.

It was a fun atmosphere though. batting practice was awesome. I only caught the end of the O's BP, but the Nats put on a show with home runs. They were crushing them all over the place. I stood at the 364 sign and only had one ball come close to me and I dun goofed it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total attendance 944,521 after this game. Last year it was 700,284 after the same number of dates. That's about a 35% increase. Should do well this week, too, with the Angels coming in and then the Earl Weaver statue unveiling next Saturday.

Total attendance 944,521 after this game. Last year it was 700,284 after the same number of dates. That's about a 35% increase. Should do well this week, too, with the Angels coming in and then the Earl Weaver statue unveiling next Saturday.

I'm interested to see what the attendance is like this coming weekend. The last two weekend series have drawn exceptionally well with help from the Phillies and Gnats fans who are in close proximity. Will the winning help pack the house against the Tribe? It's summer, school is out, the weather should be nice, the O's are hopefully still playing well, the Earl Weaver statue is unveiled - I think we'll see a very nice showing all weekend, though not quite as good as these last two.

So winning does help attendance then?

I'm interested to see what the attendance is like this coming weekend. The last two weekend series have drawn exceptionally well with help from the Phillies and Gnats fans who are in close proximity. Will the winning help pack the house against the Tribe? It's summer, school is out, the weather should be nice, the O's are hopefully still playing well, the Earl Weaver statue is unveiled - I think we'll see a very nice showing all weekend, though not quite as good as these last two.

Sure didn't seem like many Nats fans at the games this weekend though. I bet we see 35k+ a game for the Cleveland series.

On pace for over 2 million. Haven't been there since 2007.

Sure didn't seem like many Nats fans at the games this weekend though. I bet we see 35k+ a game for the Cleveland series.

yeah I didn't feel like there were an overwhelming number of Nats fans last night. Honestly felt like a normal game against a non Boston/NY team.

By the way, the O's are currently 21st in attendance per game.

2007 - 23rd

2008 - 24th

2009 - 21st

2010 - 24th

2011 - 26th

The average attendance of 26,986 is the highest since 2005 (not surprisingly). That year, the O's finished 14th in attendance and averaged 32,404 per game. They dropped by more than 5,000 fans per game the next season as the fans were disillusioned by the collapse and Raffygate. It is nice to see some of those fans coming back.

Friday seemed to have more O's fans then Sunday. That being said,O's fans on Friday were around 95% and perhaps 85% on Sunday. I saw just about as many Pirate fans the last series. The Angels series might be a tough draw midweek. Still think they might get to around 20,000 or a little more per game. The weather is going to be really nice both days. The Cleveland series is also a question mark. They have T-shirt Thursday and fireworks on Friday. Weaver statue on Saturday should have around 35,000. The weather looks hot and muggy for the weekend. Sunday has no Dugout club or Little League or Girl Scouts to boost the Sunday attendance.

6/26- 22.461

6/27- 21,831

6/28- 21.567

6/29- 29,871

6/30- 36,654

7/1- 29.234

Thw weather might give a little uptick or downtick for the games.

Archived