Mark Reynolds is a Tease Someone Else Can Deal With

brianod

I've said it before and I'll say it again I completely understand now why Arizona was willing to give up 3 years of a 27 yr old power hitting player who is capable of getting on base and putting up .830+ OPS for a good RP prospect. He is that frustrating and limited in multiple areas of the game. I've learned to deal with it and obviously he needs to be in our lineup everyday. He's still one of our better offensive players. That said, we certainly can;t pick up the 11 mil option. Now, I would consider offering him arb but I would explore other 1B options in FA or trade market first. Gut feeling is Buck would prefer to move on as well.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgive me but the stats you posted didn't prove crap. Reynolds is on pace for 12 hrs, 48 rbis, hitting 236, 332, 385. Put that with below average defense. How you can say with a straight face that those stats are acceptable or "above the median", is beyond me.
He is comparing Reynolds performance this season to other 1B performance this season. In fact his numbers indicate he is about avaerge. You can't deny that. Maybe the production for 1B this season is down, but facts are facts. And that includes his defense. If you compare his D to other 1B he is about average. And the short term is all we are coincerned about with Reynold. No one is looking at him as a long term solution.

He is comparing Reynolds performance this season to other 1B performance this season. In fact his numbers indicate he is about avaerge. You can't deny that. Maybe the production for 1B this season is down, but facts are facts. And that includes his defense. If you compare his D to other 1B he is about average. And the short term is all we are coincerned about with Reynold. No one is looking at him as a long term solution.

I agree that he is not the long term solution. However average his numbers may be, he has been a disappointment both offensively and defensively so far this season.

Archived