Marlins and Orioles discussing scenarios

Greg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling for some reason that we are going to pull off a big trade with the Marlins that will show us all that Duquette meant it when he said the future is now. Could be an interesting evening.

I don't. I think we are all getting excited for no reason. If Josh Johnson and Hanley get traded, there ar teams that can give more then we can.

Yeah, not sure how much Ramirez is really worth. He hasn't been a + hitter since 2010. Was he injured in '11? I haven't followed him very much.

Yes, he hurt his shoulder, but only in Aug. 2011. He was hitting very poorly all season. However, I think it was an aggravation of an injury from 2010 so maybe there is something to that.

He's certainly a potential change of scenery guy, but dealing Machado and taking on his salary obviously would not be considered buying low.

I don't. I think we are all getting excited for no reason. If Josh Johnson and Hanley get traded, there ar teams that can give more then we can.

But are there teams willing to take on Hanley's salary for the next few years?

Probably not in young arms that are Major League ready and one time as highly touted as Matusz, Arrieta, Britton, Tillman. Plus no one could match Machado except maybe Texas with Profar.

I would think that comp pick holds some special weight for Miami who likes their cost controlled assets.

Hanly and Johnson for

Britton, Schoop, Comp Pick and 3 C level prospects.

I agree that the Comp Pick could have some major value to Miami.

I'm not sure I would want to give up Britton. I would almost rather give up Matusz and Arrieta than give up Britton.

I think a Philly trade is much more likely. Could be any combination of Pence/Victorino, Blanton, Pierre, Polanco.

There is absolutely no reason to trade for Blanton. I don't have a problem with any of the others but I would rather go with our current pitchers than him.

I would much rather go with a HamRam/JJ trade than anything the Phillies could provide :)

If it cost Jacob Turner (#22 prospect in baseball) to get Sanchez/Infante, it's going to take Machado to get Josh Johnson.

Once we have Hanley and JJ Hardy, where does Machado play if he is not dealt? Seems like another trade would be on the horizon in the offseason

There is absolutely no reason to trade for Blanton. I don't have a problem with any of the others but I would rather go with our current pitchers than him.

I would much rather go with a HamRam/JJ trade than anything the Phillies could provide :)

Sur there is. If you are trading Matusz in a Pence, Polanco trade you'd want to get a SP back. HanRam is a clubhouse cancer and a league averge 3B, with injury issues, JJ also has injury concerns. I wouldn't give up what the Marlins would want for both of them. I'd consider Schoop, and Matusz for JJ.

Archived