Machado at 3B

Frobby

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it helps that he's young enough to have not yet realized there are things he can't do on a baseball field.

I think there's some truth to your point but I don't think you express it properly: It think it's more accurately that he's so young he hasn't developed any habits, so changing positions isn't that big of a deal for him.

The game-ending play, the form of the full lay-out and lifting of the glove to prove he caught the liner while stretched out completely on the ground, someone doing that in an O's uniform, I could not help but almost hallucinate Brooksie morphed into a new body. I hope Manny will soon grow out of the A-Rod idolatry and begin identifying with the Orioles' greater tradition. In that light, I think it's great that the Legends Days are being held this season, I hope it helps to impress upon all the young or new players here what they have a chance to restore. The Cal, Jr. and Brooks days--it's especially cool that Manny will be there to witness them.

The game-ending play, the form of the full lay-out and lifting of the glove to prove he caught the liner while stretched out completely on the ground, someone doing that in an O's uniform, I could not help but almost hallucinate Brooksie morphed into a new body. I hope Manny will soon grow out of the A-Rod idolatry and begin identifying with the Orioles' greater tradition. In that light, I think it's great that the Legends Days are being held this season, I hope it helps to impress upon all the young or new players here what they have a chance to restore. The Cal, Jr. and Brooks days--it's especially cool that Manny will be there to witness them.

He also got to see Ozzie Smith!

Let's see... they're -43 right now. The Yanks own the best differential in the league, at about 0.9 runs/game. If the O's match the Yanks for best run differential over their last 46 games they'll still be -2 for the year.

Best case they're going to be about 0 in run differential and I'd imagine at least 10 games over .500. I guess you can call that "a lot different" than 10 games over .500 and -50, but it's still wacky.

I'd be willing to place a wager that if the Os end of year run differential is less than negative 10 that the Os will be at least 12 games above .500. Are you a taker?

I'd be willing to place a wager that if the Os end of year run differential is less than negative 10 that the Os will be at least 12 games above .500. Are you a taker?

Depending on the wager I'd take that. I don't think both of those things are likely to happen.

I'm not a betting man. But I'm assuming you mean greater than negative 10? As in, if the run differential is 0, they'll be at least 12 games over .500? I really wouldn't want to bet they'd be 12 games over .500 with a run differential of -20 or -30.

I'm not a betting man. But I'm assuming you mean greater than negative 10? As in, if the run differential is 0, they'll be at least 12 games over .500? I really wouldn't want to bet they'd be 12 games over .500 with a run differential of -20 or -30.

They are 11 over right now with a run differential worse than -30, so why would you think it would be hard to get one more over .500 if we outscored our opponents by 10+ runs over the final 45 games?

Archived