Os acquire Saunders.

gallden

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is a good move, assuming we didn't give up a major prospect. Everyone is high on Britton and Tillman right now because of only a few previous starts, but those guys clearly have not completely solidified themselves in the rotation as consistent and effective starters IMO.

If we are seriously making a post-season run, we need less youth and more veteran presence, and for that reason I have pleased that we made the move (pending details!).

Even though he's the first VT Hokie to play for the O's since Johnny Oates, I can't say I'm thrilled with this move either.

I think throwing Saunders out there every 5th day will be better than throwing Hunter out there, I guess.

It really is a good move, assuming we didn't give up a major prospect. Everyone is high on Britton and Tillman right now because of only a few previous starts, but those guys clearly have not completely solidified themselves in the rotation as consistent and effective starters IMO.

Absolutely. You have to throw in Gonzalez as well. But does Saunders REALLY represent someone that can be an effective starter over a handful of starts?

Archived