Dodger fan - with Dodger sources

milkshakeballa

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, a lot of what I said has be known, at least by the sane Oriole fans :)

I do understand I have no track record here as well.

But what I said is true, you can take it to the bank! :)

One thing about Ned, is he seems to value depth almost as much as quality. I personally disagree with it and it has caused the Dodgers a lot of problems in the few years he has been here, but I think he is learning. His number one goal this off-season was NOT to get a #1 pitcher no matter what was reported. Granted, he would have LOVED to...if the price was right. But the Dodger front office believes the 2 biggest reasons for last season failures were the #4 and #5 spots in the rotation, and the lack of power. These were the Dodgers #1 priorities and they have done an admirable job so far. They have upgraded their #4 and #5 of last year from Brett Tomko and Mark Hendrickson to this year of Kuroda and Schmidt?/Loaiza/McDonald/Kershaw/Elbert...etc.

The Diamondback rotation has been built for the post season. Their back end of their rotation consist of Micah Owings, Randy Johnson and Doug Davis. As to which rotation you would take compared to the Dodgers is opinion, but know the Dbacks will be putting a ton of pressure on their young hitters many times this season. But if they can make it into the post-season again, look out, because they will be incredibly tough to beat.

Thats cool. Are you a frequenter of any Dodger boards/blogs?

I frequent Dodger Thoughts on Baseball Toaster. Jon Weisman runs probably the best Dodger blog on the internet over there. You guys should check it out.

Also, whoever stated the Dodgers viewed Bedard as a luxury rather than a need is absolutely correct.

Ned is just saving face if he was saying he never, or will never shop Kershaw/Kemp.

He will trade Kemp. He will NOT trade Kershaw, let alone both of them. Ned, and pretty much 99% of the Dodger brass think Clayton will become a better pitcher than Chad Bills. Not sure if you guys are too familiar with him, I have seen some of your CRAZY trade proposals with him involved, :);) but he is going to be a great pitcher. So, no, Ned is not saving face when he says he has no intention of trading Clayton, though I do not know if he has said this publicly? But he would trade Kemp, as he has publicly stated, but it would have to be a deal that swings in the Dodgers favor, which when put in prospective, would have to be pretty tough to do, considering Kemp's skill set.

Thanks for all the welcomes. You guys seem to run a pretty good board over here.

I frequent Dodger Thoughts on Baseball Toaster. Jon Weisman runs probably the best Dodger blog on the internet over there. You guys should check it out.

Also, whoever stated the Dodgers viewed Bedard as a luxury rather than a need is absolutely correct.

Yea...I'm a frequenter over there as well :)

But he would trade Kemp, as he has publicly stated, but it would have to be a deal that swings in the Dodgers favor, which when put in prospective, would have to be pretty tough to do, considering Kemp's skill set.

And McPhail has publically stated that if he were to trade Bedard, it would have to be a deal that swings in the O's favor. I have a feeling that both teams are going to have to lower their expectations a little bit if they want to get something done.

I agree, a lot of what I said has be known, at least by the sane Oriole fans :)

I do understand I have no track record here as well.

But what I said is true, you can take it to the bank! :)

Welcome to the board msb. Good to have different perspectives on what goes on in the greatest game on earth.

Personally, I welcome the inside info you may have, I just have a problem with you using the words "I assure you" and "take it to the bank." How can anybody be that certain? Unless you are Ned Coletti's personal assistant or something

Bedard would slot right into the #1 starter role. I wouldn't call that a luxury. Im fairly certain that if any team in MLB had the depth/pieces to trade, they would try to put Bedard in that slot in a heartbeat.

He will trade Kemp. He will NOT trade Kershaw, let alone both of them. Ned, and pretty much 99% of the Dodger brass think Clayton will become a better pitcher than Chad Bills. Not sure if you guys are too familiar with him, I have seen some of your CRAZY trade proposals with him involved, :);) but he is going to be a great pitcher. So, no, Ned is not saving face when he says he has no intention of trading Clayton, though I do not know if he has said this publicly? But he would trade Kemp, as he has publicly stated, but it would have to be a deal that swings in the Dodgers favor, which when put in prospective, would have to be pretty tough to do, considering Kemp's skill set.

Thanks for all the welcomes. You guys seem to run a pretty good board over here.

I would rather have Kemp than Kershaw...Kershaw, like any young pitcher is a big injury risk.

Amazing the Dodgers would keep Kershaw over Kemp IMO but whatever.

BTW, i heard a lot of the same things about Edwin Jackson and Greg Miller...How did that work out for you?

Archived