Dodger fan - with Dodger sources

milkshakeballa

Well said. And I know that Ned did shop Pierre a little bit, but it looks like nothing is imminent :(

What an awful, awful contract that was.

BTW, didn't want to start a new thread, but thanks to all you Dodgers and Reds fans for coming here for a few weeks. Really cool to get the perspective from the other side.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the hell was he thinking when he signed him to begin with?

Should have been fired right then.

LOL, are you sure you aren't a Dodger fan?

Really, it was a panick move. Our leader HR and RBI RF, JD Drew, reiterated throughout the year he would return, but all of a sudden he opted out and Ned just panicked. He couldn't get a power hitter so he outbid the Giants (and when you have the outbid only the Giants for a player, that should tell you something). He also signed Luis Gonzalez. And most people don't know, Ned wanted to sign Luis for 2 years. Luckily, Luis only wanted one. But, it looks like Ned has really learned and so far has had a GREAT offseason...so far. Only Pierre and Kuroda are on the hook for the Dodgers in 2010 (minus arbitration).

I'm sorry, but I find quotes like this, just too funny. Kershaw's a great prospect, but there have been many, more highly touted than him.
I agree, but you can't blame a Dodger fan for being excited about Kershaw.

But yea, no scout will tell you Kershaw is better than Prior or Clemens were. Ben McDonald, Todd Van Poppel, etc.

Archived