Dodger fan - with Dodger sources

milkshakeballa

Hello all Baltimore fans,

Dodger fan here been lurking all off-season but haven't decided to post until now. But I can ASSURE you, no deal was ever close between LA and BAL for Bedard. I can ASSURE you, that Ned will NOT trade Kemp AND Kershaw, for ANYBODY let alone one of those guys. Ned stated after he watched Kershaw pitch this past season in Jacksonville, that Kershaw will not wear another uniform on his watch. 100%. He will NOT do a 3/4 for 1 deal UNLESS they are B/C level prospects (which in the Dodger farm system is other teams A/B)and Pierre's contract, and NOT including Kemp or Kershaw and I highly doubt Andy will settle for this.

I don't have any information regarding the Dodgers pursuit of Bedard after signing Kuroda yet, but my logic tells me Ned might give Andy a call and see if Andy's price has lowered. But, the only way Ned pulls Bedard in is by trading one of Loiaza, Schmidt, or Lowe (not necessarily to BAL). Take it for what it's worth! Good luck in the off-season and next season.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. It is good to get a perspective from the other side so to speak. Still gotta wonder if the Dodgers are putting way too much confidence in the young guys vs what Bedard could possibly bring them. The NL West did not get any easier to win this week given the moves of other teams in the division. LA may have won the battle of protecting the young ones and lost the war of winning a World Series. hope it works out for you but I can't help but wonder how it will play out in the next few years. Good luck and thanks again for joining our playhouse here!! :D

Bottom line is that if the Dodgers got Bedard, they'd be the favorite to get to the world series. For most teams I understand why you wouldnt want to give up 3-4 prospects of that quality for a Bedard, but I feel its different for the Dodgers since their 15th best propsect is comparable with most teams 5th best. With Bedard and minus a few of their top youngsters, I really don't think the Dodgers would miss a beat long term, and they would be the NL favorite short term. Thats jusy my opinion though.

From where I stand, the Dodgers probably look at Bedard as more of luxury than a need.

With Arizona trading for Haren, I would think the ante has been upped in the NL. Their pitching staff is very good between Webb & Haren.

A team like the Rockies would benefit greatly from a guy like Bedard.

From where I stand, the Dodgers probably look at Bedard as more of luxury than a need.

With Arizona trading for Haren, I would think the ante has been upped in the NL. Their pitching staff is very good between Webb & Haren.

Doesn't Colorado flatten out Curve ballers?

So would a team like the Dodgers who look to come in third behind the other two, given their current rotation.

Yeah, the Dbacks really upped the ante. Besided now they can play Owings in the field :D

Archived