Ok, we need to talk about Keith Law...

The Epic

I'm not sure I agree that the O's have been relatively healthy compared to the Yankees. We lost our starting LF and 2b for the entire season and our #1 SP for 40% of the season. The Yanks have had a bad stretch recently with Tex, ARod and Granderson, but they were healthy when they built up their big lead while the O's were missing all of the above plus Markakis and Lindstrom to boot.

Am I missing something? Are there key players the Yanks have been missing all season other than Rivera?

Gardner, but that's about it. Swisher was also out for awhile.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure I agree that the O's have been relatively healthy compared to the Yankees. We lost our starting LF and 2b for the entire season and our #1 SP for 40% of the season. The Yanks have had a bad stretch recently with Tex, ARod and Granderson, but they were healthy when they built up their big lead while the O's were missing all of the above plus Markakis and Lindstrom to boot.

Am I missing something? Are there key players the Yanks have been missing all season other than Rivera?

Michael Pineda.

First of all, we really weren't counting on BRob.

The Yankees lost Pineda for the year. Gardner barely played. Pettitte has been on the shelf for months. ARod missed a lot of time. Sabathia has been on the DL, Nova is there now. Rivera has missed most of the year. I'd definitely say the Yankees lost more.

I'm sorry, I'm not a violent person, but Keith Law is the type of guy (if I had to spend any time with him) I would punch in the face. The guy is a smug, arrogant dick. He couldn't even give any reasons as to why he thinks the Orioles are "worse than all of the other teams he listed".

I get that Pythagorean record is a better predictor of a team's performance going forward than a team's actual record. If all we knew about the O's were their actual and Pythagorean records up to this point of the season, we'd probably label the O's as the team most likely to come back to earth.

But what the Pythagorean record misses is that the Orioles now are a much better team than the Orioles of the first half. Our mediocre run differential was compiled mostly by a team that had Tommy Hunter, Brian Matusz and Jake Arietta in the rotation, Wilson Betemit at third base, Chris Davis in left field, JJ Hardy and Mark Reynolds in terrible slumps, and Nick Markakis either in a mild slump or on the DL.

In this case, run differential has no predictive value for what the O's can do going forward. The team we're seeing on the field now is a very good team that ironically is built exactly on Earl Weaver's principles--outstanding pitching, outstanding defense and power hitting.

I just don't understand how he can be so defiant.

He makes his living analyzing in the public eye, and the Orioles have covered his face in mud all year long.

Besides: Do you read an article in the New York Times or a report on Fox News about any politician of either party and think you're getting the straight stuff?

Why would sports reporters/analysts be any different?

He makes his living analyzing in the public eye, and the Orioles have covered his face in mud all year long.

Besides: Do you read an article in the New York Times or a report on Fox News about any politician of either party and think you're getting the straight stuff?

Why would sports reporters/analysts be any different?

These guys get paid and are wrong more often than a Troll on the OH. Get a life Keith.

A couple months ago I called Mr. Law an ***hole on twitter after following him for about 2 weeks. Every singe fan question that he was asked was "answered" with a snarky, sarcastic remark that didn't help anyone. The final straw was when a fan mentioned the Orioles and lets just say his answer rubbed me the wrong way. He blocked me, justifiably as I admit it was wrong of me to call him a bad word without knowing him but then he sent me a nasty Direct Message telling me off and tooting his own horn about being a professional with justifiable opinions. I don't remember exactly what he said but he immediately became the one sports writer I will never respect. I don't like him and I never will. Go O's!

Archived