vs. Red Sox 9/28 The Anniversary

weams

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 wins, baby! OH yea!

Also, for those who say the Sox fans are pulling for us-- absolutely right. When I was in Boston Back Bay, I can't tell you how many people were telling me, after they knew I was an O's fan, that they just wanted us to beat the Yankees (that is, either beat them in the postseason or eliminate them from the playoffs depending on how well they do for the rest of the season).

A lot of them seemed a little resigned about the Sox, but they also had a sense of excitement about the O's, like they thought it'd be better if the O's beat the Yanks compared to some other hypothetical contender like the Jays or the Rays. Having it be the O's makes it that much sweeter, even for them. :)

Are you sure? Because it went down to four when the Angels lost yesterday but Tampa won.

Think of it more as 2 different elimination numbers, one for each team. So they were both 4, take 1 off both with an Orioles win, so they're now both 3. If one of the other teams lose, take one off their elimination number, but not the other.

Archived