Rosenthal reports that Bedard trade talks have slowed

ChaosLex

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oriofan8
This story is true folks. The Bedard talks have slowed. And it is all based around who the 4th player is. But Jones and Clement and Morrow are on the table.

Jones, AND Clement AND Morrow ???

...or Jones, and Clement OR Morrow??

Quantity??? hmmmmm.....Quality ???

I choose quality !!;)

I have a feeling we are going to trade Roberts first, and than maybe sweeten the deal with both Seattle and Cincinnati with a player from the Roberts deal.
So its Jones, Clement, Morrow and a 4th, most likely Sherill for Bedard and Murton (can't see us dealing Patterson or Gallagher)?

What would the offer from Cincy be? They'd have to be offering 3 of Bailey, Cueto, Votto, Hamilton, and Encarnacion to come close to Seattle's offer. Or include Bruce, which I still think is incredibly unlikely. Can you tell us how many of that group you think we'd be likely to get? Or, even better, which names?

Thanks again for the info and for helping me stay awake at work, these days that start at 3am are starting to get to me!

This story is true folks. The Bedard talks have slowed. And it is all based around who the 4th player is. But Jones and Clement and Morrow are on the table.

Certainly that is a fair return... but everyone, rewind 2 years back to the Tim Hudson deal. Beane got back 3 very good prospects, none of which have even come close to pan out.

I'm sure that's in the back of MacPhail's mind, but that said, I would dive all over this deal. In 2 seconds.

So its Jones, Clement, Morrow and a 4th, most likely Sherill for Bedard and Murton (can't see us dealing Patterson or Gallagher)?

What would the offer from Cincy be? They'd have to be offering 3 of Bailey, Cueto, Votto, Hamilton, and Encarnacion to come close to Seattle's offer. Or include Bruce, which I still think is incredibly unlikely. Can you tell us how many of that group you think we'd be likely to get? Or, even better, which names?

Thanks again for the info and for helping me stay awake at work, these days that start at 3am are starting to get to me!

I'm not hearing all three of thos guys are being offered up. More like Jones,

Clement or Morrow, Sherrill, 4th player.

If all three are on the table, I think we need to take it right now! If it is Jones, Clement or Morrow, Sherrill, and a 4th player, I say try as much as you can the next day or 2 and then take it. That is a good package I think. Jones is going to be a star and Clement is very valuable. I am really just getting tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Ok, that seems more realistic to me. If that is the case, then I think squabbling over the 4th player is wise, because that isn't an amazing offer (it is very good) with just the first 3, but if the 4th is someone of value, then I'll be real happy.

You hearing any names they are debating for the 4th player? I think I like Seattle's depth better than Cincy. Is Balentien an option (as either the 3rd or 4th player)?

Ok, that seems more realistic to me. If that is the case, then I think squabbling over the 4th player is wise, because that isn't an amazing offer (it is very good) with just the first 3, but if the 4th is someone of value, then I'll be real happy.

You hearing any names they are debating for the 4th player? I think I like Seattle's depth better than Cincy. Is Balentien an option (as either the 3rd or 4th player)?

I like the idea of adding Murton to the deal to get a better 4th piece. This makes sense since we already have Murton in Luke Scott and it also goes with what was said earlier about getting the small piece to get teh bigger pieces.

Is that really considered 'slowing?' To me that seems like they are 95% of the way there. True, trades have fallen apart at this point before but I think we sound close, no? Am I missing something?

By slowing I think peace may have been agreeing because they have laid off the M's till they do Roberts to try to sweeten up the M's deal. Hence slowing talk with the M's till Roberts is traded.

peace/bigbird

Then what exactly is the hold up with Roberts? I guess I'm confused...

Is it the 4th player again?

It appears to be Angelos' final approval. Peace has felt all along that MacPhail has full autonomy. Bigbird has felt its not quite so.

I think right now it might be more of a timing issue with Roberts being named in the Mitchell report and his subsequent admission.

Archived