Rosenthal reports that Bedard trade talks have slowed

ChaosLex

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this means is that Bedard is probably gone by the end of the day if not the end of the week. Didn't Rosenthal come out with an article saying that Miggy wasn't going to the Astros and then the same day the deal was done? Maybe his sources aren't as on top of things as they used to be.

All we're waiting on is some team to offer up a quality 4th player to the deal.

So, for the Reds, we're looking at Cueto, Votto, SS + a 4th. For the M's we're looking at Jones, Morrow/Clement, Sherrill + 4th.

If "all we're waiting on" is a Clement level guy from the M's or a Hamilton level guy from the Reds then it might not actually be very close to happening at all. On the other hand, if we're waiting on a Tillman (high ceiling but young) or a Keppinger then it could happen fast. McPhail is clearly hedging his bets that someone will cave and offer a very solid 4th.

So, for the Reds, we're looking at Cueto, Votto, SS + a 4th. For the M's we're looking at Jones, Morrow/Clement, Sherrill + 4th.

If "all we're waiting on" is a Clement level guy from the M's or a Hamilton level guy from the Reds then it might not actually be very close to happening at all. On the other hand, if we're waiting on a Tillman (high ceiling but young) or a Keppinger then it could happen fast. McPhail is clearly hedging his bets that someone will cave and offer a very solid 4th.

Cueto, Votto, Stubbs and Keppinger do it for me. That would be an excellent return, and we gotta do that deal. That is my dream deal, numero uno.

Cueto, Votto, Stubbs and Keppinger do it for me. That would be an excellent return, and we gotta do that deal. That is my dream deal, numero uno.

Sounds pretty good, but I really like Seattle's deal better. Adam Jones, Morrow/Clement (hopefully the latter), Sherill (can he close and then be dealt at the deadline) and ??.

Tillman as the fourth player and I'm sold on that deal.

Hey I know I am new to this........ and I may be a little dumb here, but why trade our no.1 starter at all. I know there has been statements made that Bedard dosen't want to be here after 2009. But do we REALLY know that for sure. Has anyone in the "hang out" talked to him. I say we wait and see what happens from the FO and see what Spring Trianing brings us. I have faith as an O's fan that things will get better.

Somebody's been going a little heavy on the O's kool-aid.

I don't like that deal at all. Cueto and Votto is real nice, but Stubbs and Keppinger aren't very valuable, IMO.

Keppinger had a nice season last year, but is really a utility guy at best. I don't think he'll be a regular starter anywhere for any amount of time.

And Stubbs will never be anything more than a defensive replacement. He's the athletic, OF version of Luis Hernandez, although Stubbs is actually a good defensive player, not just rumored to be.

The Reds have to offer up one of Hamilton or Encarnacion to be able to beat a Mariners package headed by Jones and Clement or Morrow.

I don't like that deal at all. Cueto and Votto is real nice, but Stubbs and Keppinger aren't very valuable, IMO.

Keppinger had a nice season last year, but is really a utility guy at best. I don't think he'll be a regular starter anywhere for any amount of time.

And Stubbs will never be anything more than a defensive replacement. He's the athletic, OF version of Luis Hernandez, although Stubbs is actually a good defensive player, not just rumored to be.

The Reds have to offer up one of Hamilton or Encarnacion to be able to beat a Mariners package headed by Jones and Clement or Morrow.

Yup.

The Mariners deal, if Clement and Jones are in it, could be looked at a tick down from what we coulda gotten from the Dodgers, IMO. I am glad MacPhail is holding out for a reasonable 4th player... but that's a deal in which you get back three ML contributors.

Yup.

The Mariners deal, if Clement and Jones are in it, could be looked at a tick down from what we coulda gotten from the Dodgers, IMO. I am glad MacPhail is holding out for a reasonable 4th player... but that's a deal in which you get back three ML contributors.

I'm torn. I don't know if I'd rather have Tillman or Triunfel as the 4th player. Both of them have tremendous upside.

Archived