Minor League Depth Charts?

CharmCityHokie

Just to keep this thread going and to update my guesses at the depth chart in relation to our newest signings (I wont copy and paste it for the sake of saving space).

Todd Redmond I see starting in AAA, taking Petrini's spot in the rotation (at least according to my chart). Petrini could slot in the bullpen for Zach Braddock who is still rehabbing (hat tip to Crazysilver for that info).

I left Chris Robinson off my roster in terms of catchers. I know the team likes his defense, and he's in Major League camp so that shows they have some amount of faith in him. However if they dont turn Caleb Joseph into a multi-position player I dont know where Robinson would go. We already have one defensive whiz in the high minors with no bat (Ward), can we afford to have two? (Robinson is 28, so he's no young prospect)

Finally, for the bullpens, I forgot about our knuckle-balling Air Force reservist we signed. I assume he'll spend some time in Extended Spring Training. If his knuckler has as much promise as Phil Nierko said it does, I could see him working out of the bullpen at one of the A-level teams. He is 26 (27?) but knuckleballers seem to be ageless.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious. Chris Petrini has appeared in 86 games in the minors, none above AA and all as a reliever. What was the logic for having him in the AAA rotation in the first place?

That was my error, it should be Pettit. I'm confusing my LHP's, thanks for catching that. I have Petrini in the AA bullpen.

Archived