Potential Orioles/Ravens schedule issue

SteveA

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol. Anyone that thinks the NFL will move the game is living in the Twilight zone. Just have the O's play in the afternoon. If there ends up being an overlap with tailgaters that's their problem.

The NFL moved the first game of this past season to Wednesday.

And I live in the real world.

Lol. Anyone that thinks the NFL will move the game is living in the Twilight zone. Just have the O's play in the afternoon. If there ends up being an overlap with tailgaters that's their problem.
The Ravens are the Super Bowl champs. They have priority over the 130th or whatever regular season baseball game.

From a legal point of view, I doubt very much that the NFL has the ability to "pull rank" on a previously scheduled baseball game. From a PR point of view, I am sure the Orioles will want to accomodate the Ravens if it's at all possible.

Cool that we will have the first game of the NFL season here in Baltimore. I am sure they will get things worked out. And I am sure the Orioles will work with the Ravens to get the game played. Making things tough for the world champion ravens is not good for the orioles.

Cool that we will have the first game of the NFL season here in Baltimore. I am sure they will get things worked out. And I am sure the Orioles will work with the Ravens to get the game played. Making things tough for the world champion ravens is not good for the orioles.

ANYONE ON THE Ball would market a "package deal" - a 2 fer where you can go to both games, have a post O's game party/pre game Ravens party along Eutaw St. (1)..... A la carte, .......(2)...... w/all you can eat,..... (3) just the tics and "eat/shop local option.

Mussle on Russel T-Shirts/Jackets, etc. This is a "marketers dream" - something for everyone. Throw in a quick Aquarium/Science Center visit as an option..... 30 minute Parade from Camden to M & T. Bleachers should still be up from Grand Prix.

"Labor Day Sports Week in Baltimore/Washington" (LDSW) - Grand Prix over the weekend, O's Ravens, Laurel racetrack, Beach Volleyball @ Harbor, and Skins game "Package." ......Light rail, 2 Metros, MARC/Amtrak, and Circulator "free shuttles" - 3-4 that are up and running.

Where's Baltimore Office and Promotion (BOPA) and Baltimore Development Corp when you need them? Forget govenrrment putting this together.

Great opportunity to market "LIVE Baltimore" (housing), study in Balt (univerities/MICA/etc.,) Get your new Heart/Lung/Kidney or Cancer fixed!! (Health care options), etc.

This is like telling your CEO you can't meet with him/her because you have a meeting with your supervisor at that time.

No it isn't. The Orioles schedule has priority. It is up to the Ravens to make it worth the Orioles while to change it. As it stands, the Orioles are in the power position. We can't just pretend that because more people attend football games than baseball games that the long standing agreement between the teams that the football team must work around the baseball team's schedule (because it has been out longer) is invalid.

No it isn't. The Orioles schedule has priority. It is up to the Ravens to make it worth the Orioles while to change it. As it stands, the Orioles are in the power position. We can't just pretend that because more people attend football games than baseball games that the long standing agreement between the teams that the football team must work around the baseball team's schedule (because it has been out longer) is invalid.

That is funny that you think the Orioles are in a power position. They would piss of 99 percent of their own fan base with an attitude like that.

The Orioles (and baseball) should really try to make this work to their advantage. They're going to have to change the time, so that's a given. I'd like to see the game moved to 12:30 p.m. with the understanding that many of the O's fans attending will probably be going to the Ravens game that night, like I intend to do.

For people parking at the stadium, they have the option to buy a parking pass for either game, or both games, with the best value being for both games. For people only going to O's game, tell them they'll be ticketed if their car isn't gone within an hour of the game's end, which would be around 4:30 unless there's a long extra innings game.

For people parking for Ravens game only, the lots would only open 2 or 3 hours before game time instead of the usual 5. That would put most stadium lots opening around 5-6 p.m.

That way, people who are going to both games could tailgate once the Orioles game is over and not have to worry about moving their car. It encourages attendance to both games. Otherwise, people going to only one game have to make a sacrifice in the name of the other team.

It would be a tight fit, but it could be done, and it could motivate people to attend both games. The MTA could also advertise to take the light rail, metro or bus to avoid the parking hassles. Thats how I would go down anyway.

Archived