Lew Ford, 2013

OFFNY

Lew Ford went 3-for-3 tonight, and has a .529 batting average.

I don't think that he'll make the team when we go north next month, but I really admire his Harry Greb-like style of non-stop punching in his profession, whether it be in spring training, the regular season, the Japanese Leagues, AAA baseball, or the Independent Leagues.

No matter where he is, Ford always lets both hands go, and doesn't stop swinging until his manager tells him to get off of the field.

boxing-boxing-boxer-athlete-smiley-emoticon-000198-large.gif

I had lunch with my dad today and said the Orioles would have won a lot more games with Lew Ford playing instead of Thome. He couldn't figure out why they traded for him. I don't totally agree with that because Thome brought a lot of intangibles, but he probably is right.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I really don't want Ford to succeed as I think we have better options with higher upside.

But he's making it really hard to root against.

Phooooey on your "want". Great role model for young guys - and can steal, play all 3 OF positions. Character!

I'm liking all of the O's AAA men fighting for a job (Robinson, Ford, Ishawawa, Pridie, Navarro, etc,) These guys are battlers and I hope to see them here and there throughout the season.

Wasahoozit? Ishikawa says all this Lew Ford love is making him crazy too. Can't a man get some respect for proper spelling? It's not like his name is Reimhold or Castilla or Weiters for Pete's sake. :002_sconfused:

Phooooey on your "want". Great role model for young guys - and can steal, play all 3 OF positions. Character!

It's all about me

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVWHa5cpMZo?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVWHa5cpMZo?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>