Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what? I was going to create a fantastical post when I saw Johnson coming into the game. It was going to be a mock "call to arms," of sorts, for people who habitually defend his performances/role on the team. It was going to be flowery and hyperbolic and all-around awesome.

But then he blew it before I could even begin typing.

So really, I'm just tapped. For all those who continue to defend the borderline-indefensible: you're just wrong. Simple as that. Notwithstanding the multifarious opinions concerning who should/would replace Johnson as "the" closer, JJ simply does not belong in the role. He's been terrible. He continues to be terrible. And arguments to the contrary, in my personal opinion, represent one of the worst kinds of self-delusion (at least as far as sports are concerned).

Fin.

Honestly, if this continues, Jim Johnson might just end up costing Buck his job. There's just no reason to keep him as the closer, he's shown time and time again that he just can't get it done out there. We're not in the position to give away games in waiting for him to get his feel back.

KROD had an easy 8th and I thought Buck might leave him in there. As the song says "What was I thinkin?" No! In comes kerosene and boom another HR to tie the game and two more hits boom boom. When he gave up the HR to the first hitter I almost threw up. Literally I felt like I was. How much longer Buck? He clearly lacks confidence and is throwing the ball over the plate for most hitters to drill. He looks like a good batting practice pitcher right now. We can't lose too much more ground in the standings.

Archived