Chris Davis Count Down

sevastras

I think if he actually set the record people outside of Baltimore wouldn't trust that he did it cleanly anyhow. I think the integrity of the record, by any definition, is permanently shot. The more he hits, the more whispers we'll hear, and the louder they'll become. I'd rather he hit 50 HR and drive in a silly number of runs than have the distraction of a chase and PED scrutiny. The fact that there's no reason to suspect him other than being a really big dude putting up huge numbers won't stop widespread doubts if he approaches Maris. Not fair, but will be the likely public response.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if he actually set the record people outside of Baltimore wouldn't trust that he did it cleanly anyhow. I think the integrity of the record, by any definition, is permanently shot. The more he hits, the more whispers we'll hear, and the louder they'll become. I'd rather he hit 50 HR and drive in a silly number of runs than have the distraction of a chase and PED scrutiny. The fact that there's no reason to suspect him other than being a really big dude putting up huge numbers won't stop widespread doubts if he approaches Maris.

Yea that is today's game, just like us and our suspicion of the Toronto brigade of suddenly powerful hitters. It is a shame.

I think if he actually set the record people outside of Baltimore wouldn't trust that he did it cleanly anyhow. I think the integrity of the record, by any definition, is permanently shot. The more he hits, the more whispers we'll hear, and the louder they'll become. I'd rather he hit 50 HR and drive in a silly number of runs than have the distraction of a chase and PED scrutiny. The fact that there's no reason to suspect him other than being a really big dude putting up huge numbers won't stop widespread doubts if he approaches Maris. Not fair, but likely true.

Yup...every single time somebody has a breakout season, all we hear from (stupid) fans is steroids. Let's just ignore that the age 27 season has been known to have quite a few breakout stars.

He is on pace. By the way, to me that is the HR record.

In my heart, Chris Hoiles had 700 career home runs because he seemed to hit one every time I went to the yard as a kid. Sadly, cold hard facts get in the way.

The record is 73. Period. No amount of ignoring what happened will give the number 62 more value.

In my heart, Chris Hoiles had 700 career home runs because he seemed to hit one every time I went to the yard as a kid. Sadly, cold hard facts get in the way.

The record is 73. Period. No amount of ignoring what happened will give the number 62 more value.

He would be the first to break the record without cheating/injecting steroids. That really means nothing to you?

And if somebody cheated you'd say that wasn't fair. Why is the record 73 Home Runs? It's because he cheated.

6/19- Davis hits numbers 25 and 26 for 5rbi. :2yay-thumb:

<iframe src="http://wapc.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=28161851&width=400&height=224&property=mlb" frameborder="0" height="224" width="400">Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://wapc.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=28163731&width=400&height=224&property=mlb" frameborder="0" height="224" width="400">Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

[video=youtube;8CPlF-IEkXQ]

And the fact is - most people consider 73 to be a bogus record.

Archived