Chris Davis Count Down

sevastras

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not bogus, it's invalid. The man who set the record cheated.

Bond's didn't really cheat as they weren't testing for Steroids when he broke the record. He wasn't caught using steroids that season. So the record is perfectly valid. You might not like it but the record is what it is. For all we know Maris was using a corked bat.

Yup...and if he wants to discredit Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire for steroids, we might as well discredit Maris' record since he had an extra 8 games to break Ruth's record.

For that matter how do we know Maris didn't use steroids? Or Ruth for that matter? We know Ruth tried to use testosterone.

It's nonsense, testosterone has been part of the game since the 19th century.

Bond's didn't really cheat as they weren't testing for Steroids when he broke the record. He wasn't caught using steroids that season. So the record is perfectly valid. You might not like it but the record is what it is. For all we know Maris was using a corked bat.

He didn't get in trouble for cheating. He cheated.

Success is success regardless of steroids.

Pretty sure Maris used Speed, and like I said before I haven't seen evidence proving Maris didn't use testosterone.

I find it simultaneously amusing and maddening that a segment of the anti-steroid crowd has no issue at all with amphetamines.

Hint, it's a drug that enhanced performance.

He would be the first to break the record without cheating/injecting steroids. That really means nothing to you?

This isn't an emotional issue, so what I feel about someone's numbers really doesn't matter. MLB accepts Bonds' totals as canon.

And if somebody cheated you'd say that wasn't fair. Why is the record 73 Home Runs? It's because he cheated.

Bonds has never tested positive nor proven in a court of law to have broken any rule by Major League Baseball. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence and many fans can do the simple math of adding 2 and 2 together. But in debates, you need facts not conjecture.

For those that think 73 was tainted, the facts simply aren't there.

And the fact is - most people consider 73 to be a bogus record.

Again, I can consider Mike Devereaux to be the greatest fielding OF in the history of the game. But it doesn't matter what I consider. The facts tell me otherwise.

This isn't an emotional issue, so what I feel about someone's numbers really doesn't matter. MLB accepts Bonds' totals as canon.

Bonds has never tested positive nor proven in a court of law to have broken any rule by Major League Baseball. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence and many fans can do the simple math of adding 2 and 2 together. But in debates, you need facts not conjecture.

For those that think 73 was tainted, the facts simply aren't there.

Again, I can consider Mike Devereaux to be the greatest fielding OF in the history of the game. But it doesn't matter what I consider. The facts tell me otherwise.

Wait, Devo was the greatest fielder, but Orsulak had the greatest arm. :D

Archived