Chris Davis Count Down

sevastras

Bond's didn't really cheat as they weren't testing for Steroids when he broke the record. He wasn't caught using steroids that season. So the record is perfectly valid. You might not like it but the record is what it is. For all we know Maris was using a corked bat.
They were still against the rules, so he cheated. And he did get caught by the justice system for doing it. So really nobody respects the record. Out of all the inflated HR records in those years, Sosa's stand up the best I guess. But I think most people still think of 61 as the magic number. And by most I'd say upwards of 2/3 of all people who have an opinion on the matter.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonds has never tested positive nor proven in a court of law to have broken any rule by Major League Baseball. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence and many fans can do the simple math of adding 2 and 2 together. But in debates, you need facts not conjecture.

It is fact. He admitted to using "the cream" and "the clear" under oath.

Oh yeah, and there's this:

U.S. attorney spokesman Josh Eaton now says that the reference in Thursday's government court filing regarding Bonds testing positive was actually referring to a November 2000 test that was previously disclosed in the indictment of Bonds and had already been reported.

That drug test was included in the indictment unsealed last year, when prosecutors said the test was for a player they called "Barry B."

Lots of arguments here that 'everyone was using anyway so it's okay to cheat, and 'they probably cheated back then too'. Sounds like some of you are in denial about how obviously roided up players were ten years ago, and how damaging it was to the sport.

Lots of arguments here that 'everyone was using anyway so it's okay to cheat, and 'they probably cheated back then too'. Sounds like some of you are in denial about how obviously roided up players were ten years ago, and how damaging it was to the sport.

It only damaged the sport because writers and fans got it in their heads that baseball was somehow devoid of cheating or steroid use before the 90's.

This isn't a court of law. It's a court of public opinion. And in this court we say Bonds is guilty of cheating.

You, not we. I say he's the all-time home run champion and arguably the greatest player who ever lived. The nice thing about my position is that it's based on his actual record and his actual achievements, whereas your position seems to demand that we all pretend that about 15 years of baseball history never happened.

I don't have a big issue with PED's, I think the should be legal. But I think a distinction should be made between records aided by PED's, and unaided/ Just as with track and field records, a distinction is made between indoors and out doors.

Archived