Schoop should be in AA Bowie.

Sweet Kel

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this organization firmly believes in challenging those who they feel can/will respond. We've heard Buck say it multiple times, "You can't mess up the good ones."

Perhaps this is sort of their method of determining which qualify as the 'good ones.' Seems sort of backwards, and it hasn't exactly paid dividends with Avery, but it is interesting nonetheless.

I think this organization firmly believes in challenging those who they feel can/will respond. We've heard Buck say it multiple times, "You can't mess up the good ones."

Perhaps this is sort of their method of determining which qualify as the 'good ones.' Seems sort of backwards, and it hasn't exactly paid dividends with Avery, but it is interesting nonetheless.

I think Avery is really more a slightly above average one than a good one. I'm not worried about Schoop.

Schoop's got his numbers up to .221/.312/.621. He could be a couple good weeks away from Baltimore if Roberts stays injured and Flaherty can't figure out how to hit a breaking ball.

Disagree. Geez... If he's starting to get a little more acclimated, great, let him. It's a game of adjustments. Let's see if Schoop can get his average up to why don't we say .230 before contemplating his next promotion!

I think Avery is really more a slightly above average one than a good one. I'm not worried about Schoop.

I agree. My point was more suggesting that it could be an identification tactic for separating the above average from the good. That is why I called it backwards, due to the possibility of not maximizing the potential by letting them develop at the appropriate pace.

Schoop's obp last 10 is now over .340 and, over his next two games, will see two hitless games removed from his current last 10. Over the last eight games, Schoop has 4 BBs and 4 Ks.

Schoop has one of the craziest splits I've ever seen with a road OPS of .819 versus a home OPS of .369.

Schoop only has 4 hits at home over 9 games and all 4 xbh this season have been on the road. Not sure if the park will play to the extreme splits or if Schoop just started the season very poorly at home. We have seen some hitters have some tremendous difficulty at Norfolk - Brandon Snyder comes to mind.

Based on the recent decrease in Ks, hopefully Schoop is making adjustments and will start hitting better at home as well.

Disagree. Geez... If he's starting to get a little more acclimated, great, let him. It's a game of adjustments. Let's see if Schoop can get his average up to why don't we say .230 before contemplating his next promotion!

I watched all the WBC games and that was with Profar, Bogarts, Simmons and I'm just high on Schoop. There is a reason why they started him in AAA this year. If you just went by numbers players put up Machado would be in AAA this year. I don't think he is a .300 hitter. I think he projects to be more around .250 or so with some pop, like 15-20 HR's. My point is that he's better than Flaherty right now and Roberts is a big question mark. Right now he is ready for the 2B job defensively. He could be a spark for the team later on in the year. And hey that could be needed in a few weeks or month. Some players either have it or they don't.

Has Schoop been playing exclusively at SS? You have to think if they were thinking of him being with the club anytime soon, he'd be playing some 2B.

They didn't move Machado off short last season.

I guess the better question is if he is taking ground balls at second before the games.

I don't expect to see him before the all star break.

I think they were going to use him at SS this year some just to see if he could play the position and to raise his value. Remember too that he pretty much was always playing with Machado so naturally Manny played SS and he played 2nd. But I do see he has 5 errors in 14 games for Norfolk. From what I saw the dude does have a cannon so he could probably play 3rd too.

Archived