Fwiw

Sonny76

Why would the front office care if one of the players wanted to "end the drama"? I don't let some guy I'm looking to deal tell me that he wants it done now. I'm sure AM will laugh this off and do what he feels appropriate on his own time.

This smacks of Mora to me. You're right, why would the FO care, if it was Bedard, if it was Roberts? Both are full on in play, and both won't be traded until AM is fully satisfied with the deal he's getting back.

But Mora... has the no trade. He can't be traded til he agrees. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's the ONLY player we have with a NTC. The FO would sit right up in their chairs if Mora's agent said to get this done. Now I don't know the interest there is for Mora... I imagine part of that buzz is killed because AM and some GM might negotiate a deal and then Mora could nix it. If Mora is on board, to be traded almost anywhere, I would think interest would pick up quickly.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adenhart and Saunders and Santana and Wood and Willits... tough to say no to that.

You know, as much as I like Wood, I just don't like most of the Angels' packages we're all proposing here. It sure is getting interesting, and it is still my hope that Colorado or Seattle or even Cincy make the best offer. I have a feeling I'm in the minority on this Angels situation, but they don't seem like the best match to me. That is using the Adenhart, Wood, Willits, Saunders deal as the case in point.

I'm not too thrilled with the Angels, either. Unless we are getting back a Kotchman or Kendrick, I'm not very excited about dealing with them.

I like having Wood in the deal, but I'm not sold on him as the #1 piece of a deal. If I'm dealing with the Angels, I'd like the deal to be Kotchman, Wood, and Adenhart for Bedard.

I exchanged a couple emails today and have the following to offer...

There is a good likelihood one or two deals may happen in the next few days. One of the key players currently on the Orioles has requested through his agent that something gets done soon to end the drama.

I keep asking what is the best scenario but to no avail. I was told the Angels/Mariners discussions remain at the forefront. Neither team wants the other to get Bedard. Puts the O's in a great position to tweak a very good transaction.

Another regular appears close to being dealt. I didn't get a name but my hunch is Millar.

As I mentioned before, there is alot of interest in Ramon Hernandez but they doubt he'll be dealt unless somebody offers a very good prospect.

Whether you like him or not...one team has offered a highly regarded hitter drafted in 2006 for Daniel Cabrera. I was told that deal appears unlikely because they think Cabrera still can be a very dominant pitcher if the light comes on. By the way...there is a feeling his attitude will be alot different since Tejada is gone. I found that interesting.

It will be a mistake to pass on a deal for Cabrera is that prospect is right for the Orioles. Thanks, Sonny.

This smacks of Mora to me. You're right, why would the FO care, if it was Bedard, if it was Roberts? Both are full on in play, and both won't be traded until AM is fully satisfied with the deal he's getting back.

But Mora... has the no trade. He can't be traded til he agrees. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's the ONLY player we have with a NTC. The FO would sit right up in their chairs if Mora's agent said to get this done. Now I don't know the interest there is for Mora... I imagine part of that buzz is killed because AM and some GM might negotiate a deal and then Mora could nix it. If Mora is on board, to be traded almost anywhere, I would think interest would pick up quickly.

I'll bet you're right, it's Mora.

I'm pretty sure its not Mora, cause on page 4, Sonny said something about Mark Pieper.

I am not disagreeing with you but I think the Orioles would trade Ramon for Wilson.

The reliever is probably someone like Rocky Cherry and it is being done to get rid of 40 man space plus, going just on last year, Wilson has more value than Ramon right now.(although Ramon probably has more value to the Pirates than Wilson does)

And IMO this is why AM wants to get the Bedard and Roberts deals done first. If he picks up a guy like Wood in the Bedard trade but does not also get back Mathis/Napoli, then no way do I see him trading Ramon for Wilson. However I could see an Angels deal like Adenhart, Mathis, Morales and Santana leaving AM more than willing to discuss a Ramon-Wilson deal. Same thing goes for a Mariners trade. Get back Jones, Clement, Tillman and Banks....

I'm not too thrilled with the Angels, either. Unless we are getting back a Kotchman or Kendrick, I'm not very excited about dealing with them.

I like having Wood in the deal, but I'm not sold on him as the #1 piece of a deal. If I'm dealing with the Angels, I'd like the deal to be Kotchman, Wood, and Adenhart for Bedard.

I think the Angels would give up Weaver before they'd give up Kotchman, and I agree, I take a Jones and Clement package before I take one with Adenhart and Wood as the main pieces.

The Angels are in "win now" mode. Kotchman, Weaver, and Kendrick are all part of that plan. They have so much depth that they can put together a package with the quantity that AM is seeking including guys all MLB ready with almost no service time, and that sounds like what AM is wisely targeting. Sorry not enough sexy names here, but a lot of value, all things considered. (plus, IMO Weaver is a serious injury risk, moreso than the average pitcher, which is saying a lot, because of his mechanics) Here's what I think would be REALISTIC for both teams; Wood, Adenhart, Morales, Saunders/Santana, Willits and maybe Mathis for Bedard, Huff, and Johnson. Break it down-two top-shelf prospects, a historically solid hitter, a proven MLB-average starting pitcher, a CF that can get on base and an MLB catcher with upside, all at bargain salaries and controllable for years for; A true LH ace for 2 years, a useful hitter that can provide depth at the corners that we are not thrilled with and a minor-league throw-in. I really think that deal is doable, and would really benefit both sides. Do you guys think Jones, Clement, and Chen for Bedard is better than that? I don't. And with the LAA deal, we fix SS, CF, 1B, SP#4, and soon SP#2!!!!!! And that doesn't even dent LAA's 25-man roster!! It's win-win.

I think the Angels would rather offer Adenhart, Saunders, and Santana, before Weaver, and as much as AM wants quantity and SP, I have a hard time believing he'd turn them down. Especially if Wood and Willits were included.

A 5-for-1 deal for Bedard? :eek:

I doubt it happens, but that'd be awesome. :cool:

I'm pretty sure its not Mora' date=' cause on page 4, Sonny said something about Mark Pieper.[/quote']

Sonny can correct me if I'm wrong, and I fully agree, if it was Pieper then... thanks for the phone call buh bye. We'll trade either of those two when AM is very satisfied with the return, not before. And not because Pieper or Bedard or Roberts said to.

But WADR to Sonny, I don't think he meant it was Pieper.

Well you're right. A phone call from Mark Pieper doesn't amount to squat. Andy knows the deal he wants. I think he gets that deal this week.

But a phone call from Mora's agent would mean squat. Would mean a great deal.

IMO we have a better chance of getting that, than getting one of Weaver, Kotchman, or Kendrick included.

Yeah, not to rain on anyone's parade, but I think Weaver is a pipe dream.

Landing Wood, Adenhart, Saunders, and Santana would be phenomenal. I'd prefer a player other than Willits, but I don't know what else the Angels would have to offer.

I really like Brandon Wood, and wouldn't mind seeing a Wood, Adenhart, Sean Rodriguez (possible 2B replacement depending on BRob), and Willits. This would give us a very good young SS, and potential number 2 big league starter, and CF who could get on base and hold his own in the field, and a SS/2B who definitely has some pop. I haven't really seen Sean Rodriguez's name thrown around to much but I think he could become solid although his AA numbers weren't spectacular.I would value Rodriguez over someone like Saunders because this team has a quantity of possible 5th starters in Penn, Olson, Liz, Patton, and Albers. Not sure how a Wood, Adenhart, Rodriguez, Willits trade would compare to a Jones, Clement, Tillman, Sherill deal if this is the M's deal as of now.

This is interesting, but then why would DCab be happy to see Tejada go?

Agreed that the team needs a leader for everyone, regardless of ethnicity.

I get the sense that DeCaf needs a leader.... just not Tejada. Daniel may or may not be happy with it, but it might be best for him.

EDIT: Which FairfaxBird said a post or two later... :P I'm catching up...

Archived