Fwiw

Sonny76

Thanks, Sonny. Some deals to get this team ready for ST would be nice.

I can not believe the prospect offered for DCab would be Marrero or Snider - two outstanding bats. Parmelee sounds like a possibility.

Agree with SG that any Angels deal is unlikely to include Weaver and I also think the Mariners could beat a core Angels offer around Adenhart and Wood.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this is true, they have to do the deal, IMO. Cabrera may be a dominate pitcher someday, but based on his progression/regression, I find it unlikely.

I think the FO's real problem with trading DCab is that they're absolutely terrified he'll become a monster on the mound for some other team, and they'll look like idiots for dealing him. They'd rather him fail as an Oriole than succeed elsewhere.

AM needs to cut to the chase here -- it does not matter at all how well Cabrera will likely perform for another team. All that matters is how well he'll perform for the Orioles. If they don't expect significant improvement this season then they need to trade him.

I think the FO's real problem with trading DCab is that they're absolutely terrified he'll become a monster on the mound for some other team, and they'll look like idiots for dealing him. They'd rather him fail as an Oriole than succeed elsewhere.

AM needs to cut to the chase here -- it does not matter at all how well Cabrera will likely perform for another team. All that matters is how well he'll perform for the Orioles. If they don't expect significant improvement this season then they need to trade him.

This is extremely well said...I totally agree.

The Angels are not going to trade Weaver!!!!

No idea why you keep suggesting this...It just makes no sense from their point of view...It would be like the Cubs including Rich Hill in a Bedard deal.

Read my analysis here:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1149982#post1149982

Bedard is an upgrade over Weaver in the short term especially against Boston and NY and the Angels are likely to face these teams in the playoffs if they want to get to the WS. A win-now team like the Angels would trade Weaver to upgrade to Bedard if it meant they could get by Boston and NY to get to the WS. Factor in Seattle bidding against them and if they wanted to win the Bedard race, they would probably give up Weaver. He is not untouchable by any means.

Read my analysis here:

Bedard is an upgrade over Weaver in the short term especially against Boston and NY and the Angels are likely to face these teams in the playoffs if they want to get to the WS. A win-now team like the Angels would trade Weaver to upgrade to Bedard if it meant they could get by Boston and NY to get to the WS. Factor in Seattle bidding against them and if they wanted to win the Bedard race, they might include Weaver. He is not untouchable by any means.

I agree with you, in that he may be available, as his .280 BAA and 1.39 WHIP last year was, well.... not good.

Would AM make a deal w/o Weaver in it?

What I find so funny about mentioning trading for Weaver is that we could have simply DRAFTED him in 2004!

That was before Angelos (wisely) abandoned his "never ever deal with poopyhead jerk Boras" strategy. Otherwise known as the "screw your team over to massage your own ego" strategy.

Read my analysis here:

Bedard is an upgrade over Weaver in the short term especially against Boston and NY and the Angels are likely to face these teams in the playoffs if they want to get to the WS. A win-now team like the Angels would trade Weaver to upgrade to Bedard if it meant they could get by Boston and NY to get to the WS. Factor in Seattle bidding against them and if they wanted to win the Bedard race, they would probably give up Weaver. He is not untouchable by any means.

Sorry but you are just wrong and if they would include Weaver, you aren't getting Adenhart AND Wood either.

They would trade Saunders before Weaver and would probably rather trade Saunders, Wood and Adenhart than Weaver and Wood.

Sorry but you are just wrong and if they would include Weaver, you aren't getting Adenhart AND Wood either.

They would trade Saunders before Weaver and would probably rather trade Saunders, Wood and Adenhart than Weaver and Wood.

Show me something that tells me they wouldn't trade Weaver. If Seattle is bidding against them and Weaver gets it done along with Adenhart and Wood why wouldn't they make that deal? Wood is going to start in AAA, Aybar is their starting SS. Adenhart took a step back last year and is probably another year away. Weaver is 25 and he regressed as well last year and was lit up in the playoffs and the regular season against Boston. The only ML guy they'd be losing in the deal is Weaver and he's replaced by Bedard. You can't say they won't give up Weaver as well as Wood and Adenhart because you don't know how desperate they would be to keep Bedard out of Seattle.

Archived