Disappointed in attendance?

Pedro Cerrano

Check it again after the Yankee series is over. I expect well be up more than 10.6% by then. Also worth noting: Game "15" last year on the chart you linked to actually was a single admission doubleheader, due to a rainout earlier that week. So really attendance through 16 home games (as opposed to home gates) is up 19.8%.
Are you saying then at the end of the year you're going to compare an 81 game total to 79 last year or are you going to measure the change on a per game %?

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32,418 today
Field Trip Day

Whatever the reason, that's a hefty crowd. Now watch the next six games. Those six drew only 139,000 last year, even though they included a weekend game with Tampa, two weeknight games with New York, and three weeknight games with the Red Sox. You can be sure these six will draw much better.

Whatever the reason, that's a hefty crowd. Now watch the next six games. Those six drew only 139,000 last year, even though they included a weekend game with Tampa, two weeknight games with New York, and three weeknight games with the Red Sox. You can be sure these six will draw much better.

The Yankees games will probably all be close to sellouts. The Tuesday night bargain night for only $9 is a steal for the prime games.

The Yankees games will probably all be close to sellouts. The Tuesday night bargain night for only $9 is a steal for the prime games.

Nope, during the week and school still in. I see about 30,000. Charging fans up to $30.00 more on a ticket for prime games during the week does not help either.

Nope, during the week and school still in. I see about 30,000. Charging fans up to $30.00 more on a ticket for prime games during the week does not help either.

Here is our reference point from 2012:

Monday, May 14 vs. NYY: 16,492

Tuesday, May 15 vs. NYY: 24,055

I expect the O's to beat those totals easily, but nothing close to a sellout.

38,061 tonight. On Friday, May 11, 2012 we played Tampa and drew 26,669.

The weekend crowds have been amazing this year so far. The only game under 34,000 was the afternoon portion of a day-night doubleheader that resulted from a Friday night rainout.

Great crowd tonight, my first game attended of the year.

Many people had left by the 8th inning of course, but I'd say the majority was still there and it was LOUD at the Dickerson HR.

Was a good crowd despite it being a blowout for 7+. Great weather. I'll admit to leaving early, but with kids I'm long past being shamed for that.

Was a good crowd despite it being a blowout for 7+. Great weather. I'll admit to leaving early, but with kids I'm long past being shamed for that.

Shamed or ashamed? I can still "shame you" but you might not be "ashamed" if I were to....

Kidding aside, has "Nate" tossed, kicked or caught a ball successfully yet?

Shamed or ashamed? I can still "shame you" but you might not be "ashamed" if I were to....

Yea, I probably missed an A in there...

Kidding aside, has "Nate" tossed, kicked or caught a ball successfully yet?

Nate is quite the soccer player, already has 3 1/2 seasons under his belt of U5 and U6.

Sam is in his 2nd season of T-ball, and he's one of the better players on the Little White Sox. (If he's ever on the Little Yanks or Little Red Sox I'm not really sure what I'll do...).

Both of them are among the smallest players on their teams, but more than hold their own.

Archived