Adam Jones- Where are the homeruns?

atom_25

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Jones BB% has sky rocketed this season. K% is within his normal range.

Career: 4.5%

Career low in 2014: 2.8%

2015: 4.1%

2016: 6.7%

Interestingly, we have seen this before.

2009: 6.9%.

Does this have something todo with leading off? He has lead of every game since May 27. None before it.

1st: 6.3%, 144 PA

2nd: 0.0%, 23 PA

3rd: 7.7%, 117 PA

4th: 3.9%, 18 PA

5th: 4.2%, 12 PA

I'm going to say no, leading off has nothing todo with it. The low PA's when batting 2,4, or 5 are insignificant.

My guess, Buck is had him leading off because he likes the power at the top of the order and because Adam was already taking more walks. Like he did in 2009.

Why the increase BB%? Inexplicable. Lets just hope it continues.

Adam Jones BB% has sky rocketed this season. K% is within his normal range.

Career: 4.5%

Career low in 2014: 2.8%

2015: 4.1%

2016: 6.7%

Interestingly, we have seen this before.

2009: 6.9%.

Does this have something todo with leading off? He has lead of every game since May 27. None before it.

1st: 6.3%, 144 PA

2nd: 0.0%, 23 PA

3rd: 7.7%, 117 PA

4th: 3.9%, 18 PA

5th: 4.2%, 12 PA

I'm going to say no, leading off has nothing todo with it. The low PA's when batting 2,4, or 5 are insignificant.

My guess, Buck is had him leading off because he likes the power at the top of the order and because Adam was already taking more walks. Like he did in 2009.

Why the increase BB%? Inexplicable. Lets just hope it continues.

Maybe Scotty's influence with Adam is paying off?

• 2 weeks later...
o

(vs. ANGELS, July 8th)

NUMBER 17

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

No offense but it's hard to be in a celebratory mood when the team is down by 7 runs. :noidea:

None taken.

It's my fault for posting it as late as I did. It was a 2-1 game when he hit it.

This team is just depressing to watch right now. All of these hitters having great years and it's slowly going to waste because the starting pitching is completely incapable of having a shutdown inning after the offense scores runs for them.

• 3 weeks later...
I tell you the truth guys, I would seriously consider trading Adam Jones for Chris Sale. I think the Whitesox would consider that deal. Any thoughts.

You're kidding, right? You think the White Sox are going to trade Chris Sale for one player, who is 3 years older than Sale?

Archived