Adam Jones- Where are the homeruns?

atom_25

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Adam's got his OPS+ over 100 (at 102).  He had slipped to 98 last season and looked to be on a downward spiral.  When he's hot like this, it makes watching the O's so much more fun.  Hoping he gets his OPS+ up to his career average of 108 or higher.  He's been very consistent over the years with home runs; it's been his doubles that have declined quite a bit the last couple years.  

It feels like Jones is carrying us with his will. Like, he's not going to let this team give up. It seems like he's become a clever-er hitter this year. I feel like he's playing adult league softball sometimes. He's looking at where the defense is playing him and trying to hit it where they ain't. I saw that on the double he hit. 

And then the bomb last night to RF was a thing of beauty! 

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Adam's got his OPS+ over 100 (at 102).  He had slipped to 98 last season and looked to be on a downward spiral.  When he's hot like this, it makes watching the O's so much more fun.  Hoping he gets his OPS+ up to his career average of 108 or higher.  He's been very consistent over the years with home runs; it's been his doubles that have declined quite a bit the last couple years.  

If you look at his career averages he is just a hair under, really within the margin of error. Looks healthy right now and putting up a typical AJ year. Seems to be more "clutch" this year - .354/.944 w/ RISP. I like what the deeper positioning has done for his defense.

o

(vs. ASTROS, 7/22)

With 2 outs and the Orioles trailing by a run ...... and even more significantly, with the threat of rain making a shortened game a very real possibility ...... Jones uncorked a 2-run homer, putting the Orioles up by a score of 2-1.

o

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/24)

Adam Jones hit a lead-off double to start the game.

He didn't score.

So Adam said ....... "Hey, if you guys aren't going to bring me home when I hit a lead-off-double, I'm just going to bring myself home."

NUMBER 19

o

o

I just saw on Sportscenter that Adam Jones is tied with Mike Trout for the 2nd-most home run robberies since 2006, with 10 apiece.

Only Carlos Gomez has more in this unofficial statistic since 2006, with 13.

o

I'd call that catch very good, but he had a lot of time to wait at the fence and time his jump.   Probably the most impressive thing was that the ball didn't squirt out when his glove hit the top of the wall, since about half the ball was showing outside the glove.   

Archived