5/20 vs. Yankees

PaulFolk

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Give me a TOR signing and Bieber and I'll be pretty damn happy with the rotation picture. Getting possibly Bieber and Bradish late in the season is like making your midseason deals in advance. That would give us adequate rotation depth/insurance. And if the rosiest outcome presents itself there's nothing preventing us from selling a rotation arm at the deadline (unlikely though). That also plans ahead for Eflin's departure after next season. 
    • Nestor made the Yankees roster. Dodgers are not taking Evan Phillips due to reported fatigue - they've exhausted that asset optimally I guess. Kiermaier has also missed the Dodgers roster, which I believe marks the end of his playing career.   He will be a very interested onlooker waiting to see if he "gets a ring" in his career.
    • Going into 2025 with Povich or Rogers penciled in the rotation would really make me question Elias. This rotation is down Burnes. They're going into 2024 with a currently injured Grayson, Zach Eflin, Dean Kremer and *potentially* Suarez with the depth being McDermott, Povich, and Rogers.  That is not a recipe for success. We saw Elias gamble this year by not signing a 5th starter. He arguably got lucky with Suarez, but there were injury question marks aplenty (Bradish, Means, Wells) right from the jump and performance issues (Irvin). This club needs 2 starters. A top tier and a reasonably reliable, back of the rotation type. There will be injuries. Setup an open competition for the 5th spot. If it ends up being Rogers, OK. But gifting him anything isn't wise.
    • Neither have I . However I do admit I was so excited about Elias after restructuring the whole organization and farm system . The earlier than expected winning just added to my expectations and excitement .  I bought the Elias cheap thrifty method was due to Angelos . Now with Rubenstein takeover , what is Elias's excuse to continue cheap thrifts ?    I like Elias's deadline moves, except the Rogers .  I have no idea why O’s 2nd half swoon occurred . 
    • I would think his relationship with the ownership and GM will be more decisive than the players. That said, if he enjoyed his experience here that might give us a very slight edge. Currently the betting markets have us at #2 behind the Mets, but with a bunch of suitors.  It is way too early to give up on Rogers based on four starts. He has options and Elias paid a decent price to get him. I think you are forgetting how bad Irvin was, but regardless he is gone and Rogers is here. 
    • Wow the deadline that never stops not giving Not only did Elias not acquire the talent necessary to have a deep playoff run, it seems people are content that he also weakened the roster for 2025 I can hardly believe people are happily planning on a roster that includes Povich, Domiguez, Soto, or especially Rogers, while losing Burns and Santander are gone Is this just a masochist Oriole Fan thing, that we have to get buy on castoffs from other organizations?? Enjoy watching guys like Kopech, Flaherty, Jazz Chisolm, etc all acquired at the deadline playing in the WS  
    • I will say that the second half swoon has really damped down the Elias is infallible narrative. I don't see anyone posting about how they need to lock him up to an unprecedented contract for an executive.
  • Popular Contributors