5/20 vs. Yankees

PaulFolk

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting, my reaction was the opposite--watching the replay I was surprised to see Hardy's throw got him with plenty to spare.

That was a horrible umpire joke. He was out by tons.

On another note, Dickerson is a keeper.

Pick your insurance company, but Katz may be out of business

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OynXqlivMHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No show jobs and all of their premiums invested in Webistics?

Brilliant!

This one said The Buck and had the hand and puppet strings. Couldn't read what was below.

Almost as importantly...what's up with the Jen Sterger wannabes? Are they a fixture now and I've missed it? Or am I the only one immature enough to mention them?

Brett Favre traveling the country :shrug:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• In that scenario what is the marketing pitch to sell or upgrade season tickets?    My first question as an owner would be-how will that that approach generate more revenue?  What is the attendance risk if we continue to play .500 ball?    Where is the hope that they will be better or more entertaining than last year?  Will that approach put fans in the seats willing to upgrade or spend more at the park? Hope brought fans to OPACY last year and frankly I don't believe the experience over the last 100 games  brings them back-sub par defense, pitching  a tedious all or nothing offense, admitted crappy stadium experience. You are losing arguably two of your best, most productive players-the NYY are again a juggernaut, your brand of baseball (last 100 games) is not entertaining.   I don't disagree that moves at the deadline foreshadow roster construction for 2025 but I believe ownership/management will spend for two reasons: -last year's end product was subpar-they over promised and under delivered-lot's of empty seats in the playoffs was very scary from a marketing perspective. -Rubenstein is going to be under pressure to add payroll by MLPA and a very influential faction of owners.  The Orioles have not yet been added to the MLBPA grievance re: teams not spending their revenue sharing funds (Oakland, TB, Pittsburgh, Miami).  This will be a HUGE issue in the next CBA and something  that new ownership given their visibility (both inside and outside MLB) would like to avoid at all costs.      
    • If I was Elias I'd be asking the Giants what it would take to get Heliot Ramos. He hit .370 / .439 / .750 vs LH pitchers this season. He just turned 25 years old, and split time between CF and LF so it would take a lot* to get him. According to Baseball Reference his most similar player by age is.....Anthony Santander.    *Mayo + Bradfield ?
    • Elias isn’t giving relievers 3+ year contracts.    If he can get Holmes for 2 years, great but he’s not going to go nuts with the reliever contracts.  The one year deals for Soto and Dominguez make them near locks.
    • Eh, who knows.  I don't really think Rogers or Povich will stop them from improving the roster, personally. Those are good depth guys. 
    • The Os are going to look for depth they can put in the minors.  They aren’t blocking what we have for the majors.  It’s just not happening. 
    • You need depth. Lineup and pitching. Pitching more so. There’s a reason that TB and HOU are in the playoffs every year. Depth. Last year was just too much for both of them to finally overcome.  We need one more pitcher with TOR upside to pair with Grayson, Eflin, Kremer, Suarez, Povich, Rogers, and McDermott.  Next year is where we could potentially feel the loss of Baumeister and Seth Johnson. More so has deep depth the way McDermott was in 2024.  I’m hoping for Robbie Ray when we strike out on Burnes. 
    • I agree. I do believe, the O's spend on a number 1 or 2 pitcher either through FA or trade. They further augment the bull pen and adjust the offensive side as well. How they do the latter could very well be intertwined with the pitching adjustments they make.  I think, our new ownership has indicated some degree of fiscal aggressiveness. That should translate to Elias's budget. Losing Burnes and not recovering in some kind, will be a hard narrative to sell. Buying surpluss pitching could lead to trades for assets on the offensive side.  Haven't said this for quite a while. Going to be a fun off season! I think we will be surprised at the activity.
  • Popular Contributors