Is this why McPhail is delaying on Bedard?

wildcard

I don't understand this disconnect... and not you SG. :) Just the general feeling that we have sucked for 10 years and we will continue to suck.

I'm rosy glasses and all, but I think we all owe AM a good chance, to do what he can. I'm quite hopeful and rejuvinated, but I think at the least... posters need to give AM the benefit of the doubt. Just like we did F&B and F&D. AM just started and it DOES seem that he has a different relationship with Big Peter. By all accounts, his target is 2009, 2010. We should see what he does towards then... THEN form an opinion.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, that wasn't what I wrote at all. You drew the conclusion that AM was asking for too much for Bedard based on the post by BB and I merely wrote that this isn't clear enough info to draw that conclusion
Are you kidding me? I have been saying AM is asking for too much for weeks now, not because BB said it. I don't need someone to formulate my opinions for me but thanks.
Then I supported my reasoning for why that wasn't clear enough info. I can point you to your post if you want me to. It was a one liner. Your intent was pretty clear
Seemed to me you were questioning his info and analysis because you don't feel he is biased. That is why i asked.
And actually, there are now four different people in this thread who have made posts saying they read your "liar post" the same way Shack did.
As if those people have opinions that matter to me.

I didn't mean to say you were calling him one...I was asking you if that is what you were meaning.

And even if I did say, stop calling BB a liar...Who the hell cares? Is it really worth all of this?

This unbelievable crying(Vatech, don't mean you with this comment) really gets old around here. People are so sensitive on here, it is unreal.

These three will all be at AAA. By July, Reimold and Moore probably will be major league ready. If they are putting up good numbers their value will be high. In a building mode July is not so far away.

Note: The one thing I would love to see happen is for the fences to be brought in at Norfolk to make a fair park instead of a pitchers park.

That supports my point. Increasingly, organizations have valued prospects at AA more than AAA; and have jumped them from AA to the ML. AAA has become for many a stall when they're progress slowed; they couldn't be kept at AA any longer; but couldn't play @ the ML level or had failed in an attempt.

OTOH, I'd like to see the power alleys @ OPACY more like Memorial Stadium but Janet Smith fixed that. ;)

Well, I wasn't upset by the comment, but I didn't like the connotation. Most people get pretty upset when they are called a liar or are accused of calling someone else a liar. Regardless, it is water under the bridge. I've made my points in this thread and I'm ready to move on. I agree there is no reason to dwell on this issue.
I'm returning late to this thread but reading through it, I do believe I've seen this movie before.:002_sbiggrin:

Yea, you are right...Not fair for me to say that about Lucky Jim.

Wow! You JUST DON'T GET IT. Do you? It doesn't matter WHO you're talking about. If you just write ANYONE off, out of hand... ok, yes, when you see that a poster is an idiot, I have too... you can ignore them then. But you seem to write anyone off, if they are new, or if they just disagree with you. You have THIS attiude.. which is UNaccaeptable!

As if those people have opinions that matter to me.

Yeah, whatever... lock the thread, ban me, whatever. Sports Guy, you are an elitist *****! If someone doesn't agree with you, they are an idiot. You think you're some frickin King of this board. WhatTFever! You're just one more poster with an opinion. And you argue better than most. Know what that makes you?

Nothing.

::spit::

MacPhail is waiting because he wants all the other pitchers that are going to be dealt to be dealt so that the only options are Steve Trachsel or Bedard. Then Bedard will be the only good pitcher left, so a team will have to want him, right?

I tell ya the guy's a genius... :rolleyes:

Yeah, whatever... lock the thread, ban me, whatever. Sports Guy, you are an elitist *****! If someone doesn't agree with you, they are an idiot. You think you're some frickin King of this board. WhatTFever! You're just one more poster with an opinion. And you argue better than most. Know what that makes you?

Nothing.

::spit::

This is known as infighting. 10 years of frustration from guys and gals who have poured lots of time and energy into something that hasn't given back what it could have.

There will come a day when these arguments won't happen as frequently as they seem to now. When the Orioles win the WS this will all be a distant memory.

This is known as infighting. 10 years of frustration from guys and gals who have poured lots of time and energy into something that hasn't given back what it could have.

There will come a day when these arguments won't happen as frequently as they seem to now. When the Orioles win the WS this will all be a distant memory.

I hope you're right, but I'm sure somebody will be whining that we woulda-coulda-shoulda swept the WS if we "only" win it in five. Some people are just wired that way.

You know, I'm inclined to let you rant and rave and embarrass yourself as much as you want. I won't call you out on it until you type something like this. The last thing you should be doing is attacking anyone else's intelligence, let alone someone as respected as Andy MacPhail.

Go back to whining incoherently about rumours all you want and you won't hear from me, but stay away from insulting people's intelligence.

I'm not saying he's dumb, I'm just saying he's not smarter that the other GMs. This waiting he's doing is only delaying a Bedard trade. Nobody seems to be upping their offer. Bavasi hasn't caved and the Dodgers and Reds didn't either. They moved on and Bavasi will too if MacPhail keeps demanding Morrow. MacPhail has to lower his price to get something done.

My example is a little extreme but there are other options out there that teams are going to move on, while MacPhail tries to basically dangle Bedard like a carrot. Santana and Blanton are going to be traded before Bedard is, I just know it...

MacPhail is waiting because he wants all the other pitchers that are going to be dealt to be dealt so that the only options are Steve Trachsel or Bedard. Then Bedard will be the only good pitcher left, so a team will have to want him, right?

I tell ya the guy's a genius... :rolleyes:

In a MUCH friendlier vein... :P JTrea, you just don't get it. No. You just assume the worst. And I can't fault you for that... :(

But... I love that AM is still holding Bedard. He has (reportedly) gotten some big time offers for Bedard. And BRob as well... I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt... that he thinks he can get still more for both of them.

I'm still with Peace that this will be a FAR different team come ST.

Touche'! :P I hope, and believe, that you are right. I finally believe we are on the right tack. PA is out of the loop, AM is running things, call me out as you will, in a year, two, five.

We're heading in the right direction as I see it. Finally.

Touche'! :P I hope, and believe, that you are right. I finally believe we are on the right tack. PA is out of the loop, AM is running things, call me out as you will, in a year, two, five.

We're heading in the right direction as I see it. Finally.

Gah, I hope not. That would hurt horribly. :D

Archived