Is this why McPhail is delaying on Bedard?

wildcard

That supports my point. Increasingly, organizations have valued prospects at AA more than AAA; and have jumped them from AA to the ML. AAA has become for many a stall when they're progress slowed; they couldn't be kept at AA any longer; but couldn't play @ the ML level or had failed in an attempt.

OTOH, I'd like to see the power alleys @ OPACY more like Memorial Stadium but Janet Smith fixed that. ;)

Some players skip AAA, but a lot of everyday players in the majors played at AAA. Probably a lot more major league spent time at AAA then skip it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacPhail is waiting because he wants all the other pitchers that are going to be dealt to be dealt so that the only options are Steve Trachsel or Bedard. Then Bedard will be the only good pitcher left, so a team will have to want him, right?

I tell ya the guy's a genius... :rolleyes:

Greetings, been lurking here since Dodgers were in the running for Bedard...been addicted since. Great board!

I'm wondering if it's the other teams gm's that are waiting or are affraid to pull the trigger on a deal involving all the talent that Bedard is probably worth.Granted he's had great numbers for the better part of two years, but he also hasn't picked up a ball since being shut down with arm problems. If, for example, our GM traded Kemp, Kershaw, and La Roche and Bedard had to be shut down for arm problems after a couple starts , Ned would be looking for a job. Now I haven't checked but I don't think jobs.com has many openings for major league GM's. That leaves two options for trading partners 1) scale down the talent that you offer for trade or 2) maybe wait until Bedard throws some innings to see how his arm is. Just my 2 cents, regardless I wish something would happen soon I'm curious to see what you guys get for Bedard. It must be driving you guys nuts. Good luck.

Greetings, been lurking here since Dodgers were in the running for Bedard...been addicted since. Great board!

I'm wondering if it's the other teams gm's that are waiting or are affraid to pull the trigger on a deal involving all the talent that Bedard is probably worth.Granted he's had great numbers for the better part of two years, but he also hasn't picked up a ball since being shut down with arm problems. If, for example, our GM traded Kemp, Kershaw, and La Roche and Bedard had to be shut down for arm problems after a couple starts , Ned would be looking for a job. Now I haven't checked but I don't think jobs.com has many openings for major league GM's. That leaves two options for trading partners 1) scale down the talent that you offer for trade or 2) maybe wait until Bedard throws some innings to see how his arm is. Just my 2 cents, regardless I wish something would happen soon I'm curious to see what you guys get for Bedard. It must be driving you guys nuts. Good luck.

it is.....

FYI, Bedard was shut down for oblique problems, not arm problems. Big difference; just check your handy copy of Gray's anatomy. Bedard has had 2 injury stints in the 4 years he has been in the ML, once for a knee and last season for the ribs. His arm has been fine AFAIK since he had TJ surgery back in the MiL.

Thanks for the compliment. A couple of points: Bedard wasn't shut down with arm problems. He was shut down with a strained oblique. Which makes a difference to be sure.

Second, I think Ned wisely re-valued what the prospects were worth long-term for the Dodger organization. The risk for Bedard was moderate, likely. The long-term problems created by gambling with prospects for a two-year window with Bedard would hurt Ned even more, I think...

FYI, Bedard was shut down for oblique problems, not arm problems. Big difference; just check your handy copy of Gray's anatomy. Bedard has had 2 injury stints in the 4 years he has been in the ML, once for a knee and last season for the ribs. His arm has been fine AFAIK since he had TJ surgery back in the MiL.

Jinx. Of course, while Bedard's arm has been fine, he's definitely not a workhorse.

Hello,

Few things real quick. Bedard was shut down because he had nothing to pitch for. He had an oblique strain and would have come back if we were in the hunt or something.

bedard for Kemp, Kershaw, and LaRoche would have been great but, I would have rather had Hu and Mcdonald instead of Kershaw.

good to talk.:D

Hello,

Few things real quick. Bedard was shut down because he had nothing to pitch for. He had an oblique strain and would have come back if we were in the hunt or something.

bedard for Kemp, Kershaw, and LaRoche would have been great but, I would have rather had Hu and Mcdonald instead of Kershaw.

good to talk.:D

Is there a source for this? I don't think it's true.

Jinx. Of course, while Bedard's arm has been fine, he's definitely not a workhorse.
In '04 he was coming back from TJ surgery, in '05 he had the knee problem, in '06 he had 196 IP, last season he had 182 IP before the oblique problem. What about any of this gives you worrys about his arm or his stamina?

In '04 he was coming back from TJ surgery, in '05 he had the knee problem, in '06 he had 196 IP, last season he had 182 IP before the oblique problem. What about any of this gives you worrys about his arm or his stamina?

What about his yearly injuries and/or inability to top 200 innings gives you confidence?

I didn't question his arm. In fact, I said his arm's been fine. On the other hand, he's not a workhorse and may never be one. Is that really arguable?

Archived