Roberts Trade News Thread

McLovin

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rather disappointed that we're getting two pitchers and only one position player but beyond that it's hard for me to form an opinion. The stat pages McLovin posted are great, but does anyone have scouting reports on them? Their projection, etc?

IMO The Roberts trade seems to create more holes even though we got a SS in return. Does anyone know if Cedeno was ever a high prospect? Now we need a lead off man and a 2B and I'm not that high on cedeno - I for one would rather have seen Patterson inreturn if that was ever a possibility. How many Pitchers do you need??

Off topic.... I think we will have alot of traffic here today. Anyway we can make the message boards for members only?

Oh, we don't worry about that sort of thing anymore! Stuff happens, but we are in a much better position for this sort of thing nowadays. If we need to limit people, we will.

All the more reason to register with the Hangout (which is free by the way).

I like this trade because we can either put Cedeno at 2B or SS depending on what we get back for Bedard. I'd like to see him at 2nd as he's supposed to be really good there and we could deal for a guy like Wilson to fill the SS position. It's much harder to get a good young 2B man.

I really like the scouting reports on Gallagher and Marshall as well.

Oh, we don't worry about that sort of thing anymore! Stuff happens, but we are in a much better position for this sort of thing nowadays. If we need to limit people, we will.

All the more reason to register with the Hangout (which is free by the way).

YEa...With the amount of people on here now, the board would normally be slow..It is flying.

Hail to the Wizard! :D

I'm very excited to see what Gallagher can do these next few years. Loved Brian as a player and an Oriole, but the directions in which the two were going were divergent.

We still desperately need to get healthy up the middle. With our up the middle defense of Cedeno SS? LH 2B? Tike/Payton CF? Hernandez C, we need to pull off the Bedard deal with the Mariners all the more.

IMO The Roberts trade seems to create more holes even though we got a SS in return. Does anyone know if Cedeno was ever a high prospect? Now we need a lead off man and a 2B and I'm not that high on cedeno - I for one would rather have seen Patterson inreturn if that was ever a possibility. How many Pitchers do you need??

He was the Cubs 3rd best prospect in 2006

From the JPG posted by Waveland007 he appears to have a little bit of a paunch for a 22 year old. But then again, so does Joba Chamberlain.

This is what BA said entering the year(paraphrasing):

1) Has to watch his weight because of his frame

2) Very athletic for his size

3) Pays attention to his conditioning

BTW, there was a story on SportsCenter a year or 2 ago about some of these pitchers that carry some extra weight...They were talking about how their teams had asked them to lose weight, which they did...However, they said it hurt them as the season went on because the extra weight gave them more oomph to end the year.

Archived