Roberts Trade News Thread

McLovin

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, we don't worry about that sort of thing anymore! Stuff happens, but we are in a much better position for this sort of thing nowadays. If we need to limit people, we will.

All the more reason to register with the Hangout (which is free by the way).

I'm sorry. I had forgotten that you tweaked some things. Good Job and Thank you!

I'm rather disappointed that we're getting two pitchers and only one position player but beyond that it's hard for me to form an opinion. The stat pages McLovin posted are great, but does anyone have scouting reports on them? Their projection, etc?

We'll pick up position players in the Bedard deal.

Now the question is does Bedard go to the Angeles in a package centered around Kendrick, or does he go to the M's in a deal centered around Jones?

I don't know if an Angels deal with Kendrick is an option, but that is a tough choice of Kendrick vs. Jones.

Hey VA, I like the insight. The only difference is that I view Gallagher as a #2 ceiling. Couple him with Loewen, Guts, Cabrera, Olson, Penn, Marshall, Spoone, Patton and a host of other pitching talent. I think we have a much more well rounded staff than we did a year from now.

Pitching wins and some of these guys are going to pan out and if they do... watch out.

Hey VA, I like the insight. The only difference is that I view Gallagher as a #2 ceiling. Couple him with Loewen, Guts, Cabrera, Olson, Penn, Marshall, Spoone, Patton and a host of other pitching talent. I think we have a much more well rounded staff than we did a year from now.

Pitching wins and some of these guys are going to pan out and if they do... watch out.

If his changeup becomes a quality 3rd pitch, i think he has a #2 ceiling...If his changeup is just ok, it is probably enough for him to be a #3.

If his changeup becomes a quality 3rd pitch, i think he has a #2 ceiling...If his changeup is just ok, it is probably enough for him to be a #3.

Yeah, but I would say that is pretty darn good for Brob. That and Cedeno could be an .800 OPS for us this year at SS. Not to mention we got Marshall, which is a lot better of a pitcher than some of the fill in #5's we have gotten in the past.

I know it needed to be done in order to rebuild the O's but it still sucks that this organization couldn't get a better team around Brian so that he could stay here which I think he would have been fine with in the long run. I hope this prospects turn out pretty well (I do like Cedeno and Gallagher could be a great pitcher) because otherwise there are going to be some very upset people in Baltimore this season. I think they're going to be upset anyway and I'm talking more the general baseball fans in B'More, not the die hards. :eek:

I don't know if an Angels deal with Kendrick is an option, but that is a tough choice of Kendrick vs. Jones.

I think Jones would fit our team the best - especially if we make a push for Tex next year. He fills a prime position has less service time and we a alot of 3b/1b types coming up the pipes

Archived