Wieters hasn't thrown out a base stealer since June 13th (batting avg. 174 during that time)

O's are Legends

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing can be done about Wieters. He's an above average catcher and an average offensive catcher. Having said that, I believe his chance for a huge contract is going out the door with this years performance. Also, batting him 5th is silly.

I'm all for batting Wieters a little lower in the order, maybe behind Hardy vs. right handers, but really, what are you folks looking for? Something needs to be done?! What exactly?! You want a press conference with Buck and DD telling you they're tearing him down and rebuilding him?

We're sitting here watching Pierzynski bat 5th for the Rangers... Is that a "joke"?

He still strikes me as a greedy guy. You gotta watch out for those quiet guys who don't say much and then try and break the bank. Boras can go kick rocks if he tries to pull a fast one over the front office in Arbitration in 2014 and free agency in 2016.

I'm all for batting Wieters a little lower in the order, maybe behind Hardy vs. right handers, but really, what are you folks looking for? Something needs to be done?! What exactly?! You want a press conference with Buck and DD telling you they're tearing him down and rebuilding him?

We're sitting here watching Pierzynski bat 5th for the Rangers... Is that a "joke"?

His OPS is almost 40 points higher than Wieters.

He still strikes me as a greedy guy. You gotta watch out for those quiet guys who don't say much and then try and break the bank. Boras can go kick rocks if he tries to pull a fast one over the front office in Arbitration in 2014 and free agency in 2016.

This is about as crackpot as crackpot gets, and there have been some real crackpot posts in the last 24 hours alone.

This is about as crackpot as crackpot gets, and there have been some real crackpot posts in the last 24 hours alone.

Wieters is making 5.5 million this season without much leverage contract wise and he's at best a slightly above average mlb player.

Something needs to be done about these something needs to be done about Wieters threads.

Seriously. We had a thread with this exact title in June. http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/133518-Something-needs-to-be-done-about-Wieters?highlight=wieters And many, many threads making the same point as is made in the OP. Meanwhile, I realize Wieters stranded a boatload of runners today, but he also has two homers and two doubles in the last three games. It is fair enough to criticize Wieters' hitting, but we really don't need a new thread on this per week.

No......something really does need to be done. Buck batting wieters 5th is among the biggest jokes in all of baseball.

Hit hard 5th. Wieters should be batting 8th. He's lived off hype long enough, it's time to put him where he belongs in the order.

He's batting fifth against lefties. 6th against righties. Either way, it's too high. What's surprising is the lack of intentional walks Crush has. I'd be walking him every time unless the bases are loaded.

He's batting fifth against lefties. 6th against righties. Either way, it's too high. What's surprising is the lack of intentional walks Crush has. I'd be walking him every time unless the bases are loaded.

So everyone is really stoked to see Hardy, Roberts, Casilla or Dickerson hitting in front of Wieters? It's not like we have Crush 2.0 lingering down there...

Archived