vs. Red Sox 7-28

scOtt

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt by the Umps- but it really seems to me like Hammel is getting unfairly squeezed every time out. It's like the Umps are forcing him to throw the ball dead center to get a strike called- and those are getting rocked.

Least he got out of it with one run- but still irritating. For a pitcher who is struggling, he has to be boiling inside. Makes his composure all the more impressive.

Hammel will cost us the division. So bad. I hope the front office has zero intention of signing him for next year. :(

If he keeps pitching for the rest of the year, he will cost us the playoffs. We won't even be tied for a WC spot this year if this ISN'T his very last game ever for the Orioles.

This team is not going anywhere with this guy pitching every fifth day. Whoever he was last year is completely gone. He doesn't fool amybody, he overthrows his breaking ball all the time and can't throw it for strikes. He is not adequate as a fifth starter on a contending team and needs to go to the pen.

I agree, but when it's clear from the beginning the umpire has a tight zone the pitcher has to adjust.

By adjust, you mean throw the ball dead center? :)

That seems to me the only way Jason gets a strike called lately- and usually it's hit...HARD, before the ump has a chance to clinch his fist.

Archived