vs. Red Sox 7-28

scOtt

By adjust, you mean throw the ball dead center? :)

That seems to me the only way Jason gets a strike called lately- and usually it's hit...HARD, before the ump has a chance to clinch his fist.

No, often umpires who don't give the low strike will give more of the plate in or out. My point is he has to find it, the zone where this umpire will call strikes around the margins.

Most will not give you the entirety of the zone as written in the book but they have some variation of their own.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, often umpires who don't give the low strike will give more of the plate in or out. My point is he has to find it, the zone where this umpire will call strikes around the margins.

Most will not give you the entirety of the zone as written in the book but they have some variation of their own.

LOVE the avatar!

Free+Beer+and+Chicken+s.jpg

Davis fouled off 2 pitches that would have been out of the strike zone for a typical umpire, let alone this particular hitter-friendly ump. His strike 3 swing and miss was significantly out of the strike zone, even for a standard strike zone. He could have easily walked if he'd just take the pitches.

Archived