O's get Bud Norris

Greg

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm having a difficult time trying to get excited for a guy with below average life time numbers.

34-46, that's a .425 winning percentage with a 4.33 ERA.

Do remember he put up those numbers for a team that' been among the worst in baseball. Houston's best hitter is who? Jose Altueve? Chris Carter? Guys who would be the fourth or so best player on our offense and I imagine Houston's infield and outfield D are nothing compared to ours.

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli 5m

Duquette able to get Norris without trading any top tier prospects. Houston also really wanted LHP Zach Britton who is currently in Triple A

And we said NO to Britton???!?!?!

I like this trade more thank I liked the K-Rod trade, but I'm not thrilled either.

Duquette's putting pressure on himself to be able to continuously churn out B level prospects like Delmonico and Hader. It's not like he's working with high draft picks like we used to have either.

Delmonico, Hader, Hoes, Arrieta, Strop, and the pick for Bud Norris, K-Rod, and Feldman.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Josh Hader has been talked about, as <a href="https://twitter.com/danconnollysun">@danconnollysun</a> said. But some questions about his medicals. Possibility there's a switch.</p>— Danny Knobler (@DannyKnoblerCBS) <a href="
">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I said this 3 pages back, but everybody skipped over it. Take a breath and read guys, before you post.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bud Norris reportedly headed to the Orioles. Norris is 5-17 with a 6.62 ERA away from Houston over the last 2 seasons (8-5, 2.35 at HOU).</p>? ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="
">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, he was so extreme in his splits that it almost looks like you should shuffle the rotation just to pitch him exclusively at home, because as bad as he is on the road, he's great at home.

Last year, for example 1.71 ERA / 0.96 WHIP at home, 6.94 ERA / 1.69 WHIP away.

I'm having a difficult time trying to get excited for a guy with below average life time numbers.

34-46, that's a .425 winning percentage with a 4.33 ERA.

Maybe you should start with not using wins and losses from a pitcher coming from the worse team in baseball as you main statistical analysis for Norris' value?

Archived