O's get Bud Norris

Greg

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli 47s

Duquette able to get Norris without trading any top tier prospects. Houston also really wanted LHP Zach Britton who is currently in Triple A

This trade wouldnt have been made if Steve Johnson or Wada or Britton or Hammel had stepped up and been somebody.

This has to be considered a win for the Orioles. How many years have we had "highly touted prospects" come up and fail. We now have a known commodity, coming to a team with the best fielding percentage, well, ever. A 4.25 ERA from Norris turns into a big + for the Orioles.

Hader is a long, long, long way away, Hoes is a nice story but a doubles hitting 4th outfielder, and a comp pick, thats all we gave up. How many of you would have complained if we didnt make a trade that we dont have enough pitching? This makes the O's a better team today, and thats what makes me think this is a win.

Plus Norris is our 4th pitcher for next year. That means Hammel and Feldman are gone.

I'm looking past this year too for the trade. Like you said he is going to be with us for awhile and I'm all for it.

Hader a LONG shot for a sure thing.

Duquette able to get Norris without trading any top tier prospects. Houston also really wanted LHP Zach Britton who is currently in Triple A

Interesting, wander if people would have preferred to send Britton instead of Hader?

Call me crazy, but I would have preferred to give them Britton instead of Hader.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bud Norris reportedly headed to the Orioles. Norris is 5-17 with a 6.62 ERA away from Houston over the last 2 seasons (8-5, 2.35 at HOU).</p>— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="
">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

0.00 in Camden Yards. :thumbsup1:

Houston is actually considered a hitter's park. Weird, right?

Maybe this isn't the thread but is there any good reason why a pitcher would be so much better at home than away if the stadium isn't an extreme pitcher's park? Is home field advantage really that important?

Houston is actually considered a hitter's park. Weird, right?

Yes, considering how the Astro Dome was one of the bigger pitcher's parks. Anyhow I like the trade. Hader seems like the one that I hate losing most but you've got to take risks and I think Norris will be an improvement over Hammel going forward. I believe Norris is under contract the next few years where as Hammel's ends this year and I doubt we bring him back.

Archived