vs. GIANTS, 8/10

OFFNY

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is one reason why I hate Peter Angelos, Bud Selig and the MLB powers that be. Here in Virginia, whenever the Orioles are on Fox, my part of Virginia served by Comcast NEVER broadcasts the Os game. So, I have a MASN channel that my cable bill pays each month, I have an MLB TV online subscription that I pay a ridiculous fee for, I pay for MLB extra innings and MLB Network with extra fees, but NONE of these paid options allow me to see the only game I give a **** about. Fans should sue MLB, Fox, cable companies over this archaic blackout market restriction. I am willing to shower Angelos or MLB with any fee they want if they will only let me watch the frigging game.

I feel you buddy. There is no reason they can not just show the commercials and let people watch the game on the MLB TV. The blackout rules are ridiculously outdated.

This is one reason why I hate Peter Angelos, Bud Selig and the MLB powers that be. Here in Virginia, whenever the Orioles are on Fox, my part of Virginia served by Comcast NEVER broadcasts the Os game. So, I have a MASN channel that my cable bill pays each month, I have an MLB TV online subscription that I pay a ridiculous fee for, I pay for MLB extra innings and MLB Network with extra fees, but NONE of these paid options allow me to see the only game I give a **** about. Fans should sue MLB, Fox, cable companies over this archaic blackout market restriction. I am willing to shower Angelos or MLB with any fee they want if they will only let me watch the frigging game.

Well, turns out there is an antitrust suit under way with next hearing in October.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/mlb-blackout-policy-under-attack-in-the-courts/

I feel you buddy. There is no reason they can not just show the commercials and let people watch the game on the MLB TV. The blackout rules are ridiculously outdated.

The real frustrating thing is that MLB are so close to getting it 100% right with the TV availability. I wish the NFL would follow suit.

Archived