vs. GIANTS, 8/10

OFFNY

In 6 of his last 7 starts, Chad Gaudin has given up 1 run or less (although in one of those starts, he only went 4.33 innings.)

In his one bad start in that time frame (his last 7 starts), he was bombed by the Cincinnati Reds for 6 runs in 3.67 innings on July 24th.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Adam Jones - CF

Nick Markakis - RF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Ryan Flaherty - 2B

Taylor Teagarden - C

Wei-Yin Chen - LHP (6-4, 2.95 ERA)

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Marco Scutaro - 2B

Joaquin Arias - SS

Brandon Belt - 1B

Buster Posey - C

Hunter Pence - RF

Pablo Sandoval - 3B

Jeff Francoeur - LF

Andres Torres - CF

Chad Gaudin - RHP (5-2, 2.56 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Markakis 5th? Win 3 games in a row, switch the lineup around. Hmmmm.

We won the game yesterday, but the offense wasn't exactly rolling.

They scored 2 runs in the first 9 innings, and went hitless in 6 straight innings (the 4th through the 9th) before they came through in the 10th.

We won the game yesterday, but the offense wasn't exactly rolling.

They scored 2 runs in the first 9 innings, and went hitless in 6 straight innings (the 4th through the 9th) before they came through in the 10th.

Yeah, I guess I just feel like last night was a confidence, character building win, that maybe is one of those get the monkey off the back type of things with a guy like Markakis. He didn't do anything to help last night and we escaped. Just hope moving Davis up doesn't change his approach and have him putting anymore pressure on himself. Nick has had his moments this year where he came thru and noone else did. I normally don't like to question Buck- I'm just very curious as to why he decided to do this now. I'm guessing he sat Nick down to have a conversation about it first.

Keys for today

Don't leave Chen in over 100 pitches, our bullpen is pretty fresh.

Adam Jones batting .392 with 12 Hr's in Day games, so we need to get some small ball to get top of the order on base, Jones also has HR against Gaudin.

Kakes staying patient and picking up a couple of RBI's.

Yeah, I guess I just feel like last night was a confidence, character building win, that maybe is one of those get the monkey off the back type of things with a guy like Markakis. He didn't do anything to help last night and we escaped. Just hope moving Davis up doesn't change his approach and have him putting anymore pressure on himself. Nick has had his moments this year where he came thru and noone else did. I normally don't like to question Buck- I'm just very curious as to why he decided to do this now. I'm guessing he sat Nick down to have a conversation about it first.

I think you may be right about that.

Nick is a veteran player, and (as far as I know) is mature/not a big-time troublemaker or anything like that, so I'm guessing that Showalter is probably open to an occasional "merging of the minds" with some of his players, as opposed to simply always saying, "This is the way it's going to be, and that's all there is to it."

I think you may be right about that.

Nick is a veteran player, and (as far as I know) is mature/not a big-time troublemaker or anything like that, so I'm guessing that Showalter is probably open to an occasional "merging of the minds" with some of his players, as opposed to simply always saying, "This is the way it's going to be, and that's all there is to it."

Totally Agree

Archived