Tonight I have lost all hope.

Gurgi

In July this team was 23rd out of 30 clubs in runs scored and 29th in OBP. So far in August we are 5th in runs scored, however we are only 18th in OBP. Think about how many runs we could score if we just got more guys on the basepaths.

This team hits way too many HRs that should be doing more damage. It sounds weird to say, but teams are giving us the solo HRs and limiting the damage because that's all we can get because we either can't get guys on or strand them when we do.

I must give it to you. You are very good at cherry picking and then twisting statistics to support the nonsensical argument you're making.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's almost mid August.... We have been playing .500 ball (maybe under) since the ASB.

Offense is carried by Davis...

How can anyone expect us to play in the post season of this continues???

Start winning a higher percentage of close games.

Bookmarking this thread...

It's only one game man. Really. A bad loss and one that got away. And more trouble from the pen. They are in a serious funk. But one loss. The overreaction on this board is hilarious.

Yeah, 43 games to go, we are 23-23 for last 46, and now we only need to go 27-16 to get to 92 wins against even tougher competition. I mean who could possibly think there might be a problem? Piece of cake. With this shutdown pen? Not a problem.

Well....this was another tough loss..but we have to remember that Texas, TB, KC, and OAK all lost as well, so while we didn't gain ground we didn't lose any either for the Wild Card spots.

At this point I don't think we can catch the Bo Sox unless we just thoroughly dominate them in the rest of the head to head matchups.

I think this team is made drastically better with a couple of easy moves.

1. Move K Rod or Tommy Hunter to closer role or matchup spots. I personally think K rods early struggles were because he was in low pressure situations. He looks good now and has the experience.

2. Get a RH bat to platoon with Betemit, or go get someone like Morneau if possible...he is really starting to heat up.

3. Bring up Wada ...

been dominant for a nice stretch now....time to see if he can help us.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

So the 10 or so games the offense has handed a lead to the bullpen in eighth inning or later that the pen has managed to lose is the offenses fault. That's just goofy logic. If it were not for this teams offense we would barely be sniffing .500 .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

This team is way too reliant on the bullpen. That's the problem. A good offense gives the bullpen a 2-3+ run lead, not only a 1 run lead.

A good offense just makes your bullpen look that much better because 1 run allowed isn't going to kill you.

I hate to break it to people but we do not have a good pitching staff - we never did. It's average which is why our offense has to be one of the best in baseball. Right now it isn't hence why we are losing games.

Fix the offense, you fix just about everything else.

In July this team was 23rd out of 30 clubs in runs scored and 29th in OBP. So far in August we are 5th in runs scored, however we are only 18th in OBP. Think about how many runs we could score if we just got more guys on the basepaths.

This team hits way too many HRs that should be doing more damage. It sounds weird to say, but teams are giving us the solo HRs and limiting the damage because that's all we can get because we either can't get guys on or strand them when we do.

Your ridiculous argument basically boils down to:

"I know team A scores a million runs but how much awesomer would they be if they scored a billion runs?!"

We've already established that the teams OBP could be improved. But while they are 10th in the AL, they are not drastically worse than the Rays who are 3rd. You're argument is overblown and irrelevant to why the team has lost but I'm sure you'll find a few more threads to bring it up in. That's your thing after all.

This team is way too reliant on the bullpen. That's the problem. A good offense gives the bullpen a 2-3+ run lead, not only a 1 run lead.

A good offense just makes your bullpen look that much better because 1 run allowed isn't going to kill you.

I hate to break it to people but we do not have a good pitching staff - we never did. It's average which is why our offense has to be one of the best in baseball. Right now it isn't hence why we are losing games.

haha....my head hurts. This is some of the most bass ackwards logic I have heard in a long time.

You can when you hand the closer a 3-2 lead. They are called closers for a reason. If you can't expect to win in that situation at least 90%ish then the wrong guy is closing

Remember the good ole days when there was no closer, and the 8th inning guy was lights out, sometimes he would start the 9th inning. I miss those days.

If the offense had maintained pace it would be leading the MLB in runs scored. Is that what you essentially are demanding?

Other than get somebody better to DH (which really doesn't matter now), I'm not sure what we can do. Most of the guys we have are playing at or above their career levels. I'm not sure we're going to give Nick power again or make Roberts young. Lots of teams were looking for offense at the trade deadline. May be harder to find than pitching at this point. The team has multiple areas of weakness.

Who said we have a good pitching staff? What news are you breaking to people with that tidbit?

Do you get how ridiculous the above sounds. You tell us that "you hate to break to us but our pitching is not good " then go on to talk about how we need to fix the offense. Not to be mean but that whole concept is just plain dumb and its not how you win championships. If the pitching sucks then you fix that. You do not ignore it and spend more money on offense. That's been proven over and over

I hate to break it to you but I don't care how many bats you get your still going to have games were the score is one run or tied and your going to need guys who can get it done.

Other than get somebody better to DH (which really doesn't matter now), I'm not sure what we can do. Most of the guys we have are playing at or above their career levels. I'm not sure we're going to give Nick power again or make Roberts young. Lots of teams were looking for offense at the trade deadline. May be harder to find than pitching at this point. The team has multiple areas of weakness.

Who said we have a good pitching staff? What news are you breaking to people with that tidbit?

You're such an idiot CA. Don't you see there's a real easy fix to the offense, so it will go from 3rd best in the league to bestest ever:

Fire Presley.

Only a blind man can't see that.

Archived