Tonight I have lost all hope.

Gurgi

I agree with the Op. Honestly I didn't even bother to stay up for the first pitch tonight (I'm in MD) because I knew they were likely to lose and I didn't want to lose sleep over a loss. I've had 6 hours of sleep already and I'm going back for 4 or 5 more. Not caring a link about this doomed team sure has its health benefits. Good night, all! :)

Delivered by IP Over Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk 4

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sigh. Hangout is tiring. Losses on the road to good teams happen. Pen slumping. Sox fans didn't bail when they lost 3 on KC. Etc etc. Y'all ridiculous.

Peace.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

Criticism is not "bailing". The team has been a .500 team for the last 50 games. Only 43 left and .500 ain't getting it done. Unless Buck changes some of his bullpen decisionmaking or DD finds some other change to make in the roster to spark, then we will have a fine, 3rd place, 89 win season. Sox fans have had multiple 8 game win streaks and 12 walkoff comeback wins to keep their fans energy up a bit. We want them to perform better, that is all.

Sigh. Hangout is tiring. Losses on the road to good teams happen. Pen slumping. Sox fans didn't bail when they lost 3 in KC. Etc etc. Y'all ridiculous.

Peace.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

Losing two in a row and losing two in a row in horrifying, brutal fashion are two entirely different things.

It's gonna be tough psychologically to recover.

Not only do we face Corbin tomorrow, we don't have the luxury that the Red Sox have, we are on the outside looking in.

Losses like these last two are the types that keep a good team from being a playoff team.

You can act like its no big deal but if we lose tomorrow, it's gonna be pretty bleak.

Ah yes. Fire Presley. I forgot.

Get it together.

We have our new cause du jour.

Expect to hear about it over and over and over and over again.

Now he's a wily bird so he won't come out and SAY fire Presley, because that would be TOO blatant of trolling. No, he'll just insist- no matter the logic- that every game we lose is on the offense and that it needs to improve. And he'll inject that into every single thread he can. Like I said, just like the good old days.

Your ridiculous argument basically boils down to:

"I know team A scores a million runs but how much awesomer would they be if they scored a billion runs?!"

We've already established that the teams OBP could be improved. But while they are 10th in the AL, they are not drastically worse than the Rays who are 3rd. You're argument is overblown and irrelevant to why the team has lost but I'm sure you'll find a few more threads to bring it up in. That's your thing after all.

Only 5 teams go to the playoffs, and the Rays have a much better pitching staff than the Orioles do.

Too many are looking at this offense and seeing Davis, Jones and Hardy hit HRs, but everybody else is pretty much a dead stick right now. Machado has completely tanked since the break with a .595 OPS in the #2 spot.

The offense is a problem that can't make up for our average staff right now and that's why we aren't winning games and why the pitching looks so poor. Our starters were terrible for most of the year but we were winning because of our offense. Now the bullpen is having issues, but the offense isn't helping to mask them.

I agree with the Op. Honestly I didn't even bother to stay up for the first pitch tonight (I'm in MD) because I knew they were likely to lose and I didn't want to lose sleep over a loss. I've had 6 hours of sleep already and I'm going back for 4 or 5 more. Not caring a link about this doomed team sure has its health benefits. Good night, all! :)

Delivered by IP Over Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk 4

And yet you managed to take the time to post and share with us how little you care. So thoughtful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Only 5 teams go to the playoffs, and the Rays have a much better pitching staff than the Orioles do.

Too many are looking at this offense and seeing Davis, Jones and Hardy hit HRs, but everybody else is pretty much a dead stick right now. Machado has completely tanked since the break with a .595 OPS in the #2 spot.

The offense is a problem that can't make up for our average staff right now and that's why we aren't winning games and why the pitching looks so poor. Our starters were terrible for most of the year but we were winning because of our offense. Now the bullpen is having issues, but the offense isn't helping to mask them.

This is an act right?

Nobody could be this simple.

Here's your logic: The offense is good. The pitching is bad. The offense needs to get better.

This is an act right?

Here's your logic: The offense is good. The pitching is bad. The offense needs to get better.

I have never seen logic like this. I've never seen people break down the strengths and weaknesses of a team and then say our biggest problems are the strengths.

This is an act right?

It's either an act intended to upset and annoy people or the guy makes Forest Gump look like Albert Einstein

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

This is an act right?

The offense carried this team at the beginning of the season. The pitching still has issues only now it's the bullpen instead of the starters.

The bullpen pitching likely won't improve until rosters expand as it is what it it is - arms are tired and burnt out.

So until then, the option is to fix the offense to get it back to where it was to compensate for the pitching.

The offense carried this team at the beginning of the season. The pitching still has issues only now it's the bullpen instead of the starters.

The bullpen pitching likely won't improve until rosters expand as it is what it it is - arms are tired and burnt out.

So until then, the option is to fix the offense to get it back to where it was to compensate for the pitching.

And how do we "fix" the offense?

Do you think we should fire the hitting coach??

It's almost like this whole thing has been leading up to that.

Archived