Tonight I have lost all hope.

Gurgi

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4th in runs scored. Among the worst in ERA. Get people the F out.

Though, as Trea noted, the offense's overall numbers have been more than a little bit supported by a hot beginning to the season. In recent months... it hasn't been very effective.

All told, the team's suffering from a number of flaws right now.

Though, as Trea noted, the offense's overall numbers have been more than a little bit supported by a hot beginning to the season. In recent months... it hasn't been very effective.

All told, the team's suffering from a number of flaws right now.

Noted. Get people out. Now excuses.

Can't only score 3 runs and expect to win.

You can when you hand the closer a 3-2 lead. They are called closers for a reason. If you can't expect to win in that situation at least 90%ish then the wrong guy is closing

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Guys, I think it's just a bad matchup. I don't know the stats, but can somebody find AZ games against the AL East this season? I think they have a winning record, don't they? I know this really freaking sucks, especially since I just moved back from AZ and are hearing it from my friends, but I STILL think we make the playoffs and I'm pretty sure we'll take the division. I'm sticking with my gut on this.

We were much better offensively earlier this year. We hit a lot of HRs but don't score a lot of runs because we can't get anybody on base.

When I put together this piece, on July 7, the Orioles were drawing an unintentional walk every 17.31 PAs, worst in the AL and one of the worst marks in modern major league history. Remarkably, that's gotten worse.

Through play tonight, the Orioles have drawn one unintentional walk per 17.46 plate appearances (257 UBB; 4488 PA) to date this season.

They entered play tonight 10th in the league in OBP despite being 3rd in batting average. They rank third in runs and first in slugging percentage.

You sir are a liar.

In July this team was 23rd out of 30 clubs in runs scored and 29th in OBP. So far in August we are 5th in runs scored, however we are only 18th in OBP. Think about how many runs we could score if we just got more guys on the basepaths.

This team hits way too many HRs that should be doing more damage. It sounds weird to say, but teams are giving us the solo HRs and limiting the damage because that's all we can get because we either can't get guys on or strand them when we do.

When I put together this piece, on July 7, the Orioles were drawing an unintentional walk every 17.31 PAs, worst in the AL and one of the worst marks in modern major league history. Remarkably, that's gotten worse.

Through play tonight, the Orioles have drawn one unintentional walk per 17.46 plate appearances (257 UBB; 4488 PA) to date this season.

They entered play tonight 10th in the league in OBP despite being 3rd in batting average. They rank third in runs and first in slugging percentage.

You can cut everything else out of this post.

We were much better offensively earlier this year. We hit a lot of HRs but don't score a lot of runs because we can't get anybody on base.

So the 10 or so games the offense has handed a lead to the bullpen in eighth inning or later that the pen has managed to lose is the offenses fault. That's just goofy logic. If it were not for this teams offense we would barely be sniffing .500 .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Archived