Orioles to send playoff ticket invoices to season ticket holders on Friday.

Greg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys laugh, but if they're mailed Friday, you'll probably get yours on Saturday or Monday. Let's say by Monday they've won 3 of 4. What then? Things look a little better, don't they?

When I get my invoice, I'm probably going to buy some. You never know.

Playoffs? Playoffs? Who the hell do they think they are? Sending out playoff tickets when the team has already been eliminated. Man I oong for those days of being 20 games out by july. Man how a winning season has turned some into almost unbearable. I don't know how some made it through 14 straight losing seasons.

I don't think you actually have to pay upfront anymore. I think last year they had the option of just giving them your credit card info and they would only bill you for games played. It's not like it used to be where you had to pay for every single round and possible game in advance and then not getting a refund until December or have the option of rolling it into next year.

The new ticketing system makes this possible because they can send you the tickets in advance and then just cancel the barcodes if your credit card doesn't go through. It used to be that in order to send you all the tickets, they would have to get payment upfront because you really couldn't void a ticket.

I'm not complaining. I love seeing the playoff invoices. Last year was the first time I'd seen one in many years.

I don't think you actually have to pay upfront anymore. I think last year they had the option of just giving them your credit card info and they would only bill you for games played. It's not like it used to be where you had to pay for every single round and possible game in advance and then not getting a refund until December or have the option of rolling it into next year.

The new ticketing system makes this possible because they can send you the tickets in advance and then just cancel the barcodes if your credit card doesn't go through. It used to be that in order to send you all the tickets, they would have to get payment upfront because you really couldn't void a ticket.

I'm not complaining. I love seeing the playoff invoices. Last year was the first time I'd seen one in many years.

No, last year you had to pay in advance. I think you could choose to get a refund or have the money applied to your next season tickets. Which meant that my invoice for this year's ticket was agreeably low, so that's nice. I'll probably plunk down my money now.

Archived