• Created
  • Last Reply
But his OPS at AL East ballparks

.681 Yankees Stadium

.674 Fenway Park

.641 Rogers Center

.529 Tropicana Field

Yuck

Yea... I saw that. TBF though, he's playing well in Yankees Stadium (.845 OPS), Fenway Park (1.335 OPS) and Tropicana Field (.916 OPS) in 2013, SSS and everything.

MAC is too much. Avery can go.

One month... Heck, Markakis could be the bat that puts us back over the hump if he busts out.

I just don't get this line of thinking. Mac is probably going to spend all next year in AAA or at best be back in his same role this year. I just dont see him ever being anything other than mop up or a LOOGY only throwing 87-88. If somehow we did win the claim on Morales I would gladly trade 5 years of Mac for 1 month of Morales. Any AAAA starter can fill Mac's role.

They get to trade with whoever claims him. If not they play him and pay him. Those are the options. There is not a market. Just a deal to unload the money, which they want. And to get Something back. The only time someone good goes back and money is offset. On a big contract. Not something like this. So. Avery would do.

I've often wondered the same thing. Lots of mediocre players hit the Orioles pitching like they are Babe Ruth.

Well, the majority of his production in OPACY this season actually came against Chris Tillman, who is a pretty darn good pitcher, so I'm not sure that his production here is only the result of poor pitching by the O's.

Looking at his spray chart, it looks like a lot of long outs could have been for a better result in OPACY rather than Safeco.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/kendrys-morales/hitchart/287555?q=kendrys-morales

I think this holds up pretty well when you look at his career HR/FB rates:

2006: 8.8% (LAA)

2007: 9.8% (LAA)

2008: 12.5% (LAA)

2009: 18.1% (LAA)

2010: 21.6% (LAA)

2012: 21.0% (LAA)

2013: 13.5% (SEA)

It's a SSS either way, and maybe poor O's pitching has had something to do with it, but I'm of the mind he could be very successful as a DH for us, especially given the relative friendliness of OPACY.

Archived