Jones playing again in Venezuela

JTrea81

''We just asked them to hold Adam out for a couple of games,'' Seattle general manager Bill Bavasi said without explaining the reason for the move. ''But it was just for a short period of time. He's going to be back in the lineup soon.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/archives/129461.asp

Hopefully this doesn't mean the Mariners and Orioles are done talking...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
''We just asked them to hold Adam out for a couple of games,'' Seattle general manager Bill Bavasi said without explaining the reason for the move. ''But it was just for a short period of time. He's going to be back in the lineup soon.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/archives/129461.asp

Hopefully this doesn't mean the Mariners and Orioles are done talking...

This doesn't sound good but thanks for the update.

Why would the Orioles want his Venezuelan League play to end even if they traded for him? I doubt if this means much of anything.

He was pulled and told to "hang tight" then sent back. You're right the Orioles probably wouldn't want him to stop his play, but it looked like something might have been done.

Maybe the Orioles said "let him finish his playoffs, we can work this out later."

Why would the Orioles want his Venezuelan League play to end even if they traded for him? I doubt if this means much of anything.

The Mariners pulled him from Winter Ball for no apparent reason. That just screams that they didn't want him to get hurt before a trade. Now that he's playing again, well that's not a good sign...

The speculation was that the Mariner's pulled him in possible preparation for a trade - just to make sure nothing happens or whatever. If that was true, then inserting him back in the lineup means they no longer see him getting traded. Bad news for us if that's the case, but then, we never really knew why he was pulled from the lineup to begin with.

I'm with JTrea though. I'm gonna be really pissed of MacPhail screwed this up.

If either Roberts or Bedard are on the opening day roster, it will really suck, I think Mcphail is as bad as half of the members here who want the world for these guys, when as I have stated before, we should accept the best offer on the table, and if Jones is on the table, we take it with any 3 prospects they want to toss in.

Truth is, if they are on the opening day roster, we won't even get jones for both of them at the deadline or next year. We would seriously be missing out on someone special....

Archived