Jones playing again in Venezuela

JTrea81

This could mean nothing. Bavasi may be posturing to get McPhail to lower his trade demands by saying he is done and telling Jones to play. More of the same game of chicken if you ask me. Bavasi is just negotiating through the media.

I also think this may very well be what's going on.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody else want off this ride? Seriously this offseason has had so many highs and lows and more lows than highs, that I just want it to end. I'm sick of all this drama.

I do. It is like a roller coaster that isn't that much fun. The worst part is that this was the happiest off season in a long time for me after the Tejada trade. I thought the rebuilding was finally going to happen and we were finally going to have our O's back. I know it still may happen, but now this is just dragging on for too long. I don't think I like the way AM works as much as I thought that I did. Most packages I have heard for Roberts and especially Bedard have been acceptable to me. In fact, fans of the other teams seem to be outraged that their team would give these packages up for Bedard. This is just my opinion though.

Does anybody else want off this ride? Seriously this offseason has had so many highs and lows and more lows than highs, that I just want it to end. I'm sick of all this drama.

There is no drama except from the hysterical fans who create these crazy scenarios about what's happening behind closed doors between PA, AM and other GM's around the league.

I suggest some nice Transcendental Meditation for you to help you get through these difficult (self-imposed as it may be) times. ;)

I think Bavasi may have just screwed up a bit. I'm not sure if he thought Jones's "benching" would create this news back in the States. Even assuming he did risk that, it was clear from Jones that he wanted to play in the playoffs with his teammates. Is a risk of injury really enough to pull someone because of a potential trade? Hell, the O's may well have sent him right back to play if he did take the physical simply because he wanted to be there for his teammates. I'm going on the glass half full side. Bavasi's talking from his rearend.

After watching this entire offseason, as we all have, I am coming to an unhappy conclusion. I think both Bedard and Roberts will be on our opening day roster. A couple other posters have mentioned that and I wanted to just say, no, they were wrong, the rebuild is in motion. However there just seems to be too much overvaluing of prospects by other teams going on. AM seems to want to hold out for the absolute top deal and I am not sure they are actually out there. I am not in a position to know what has actually been offered AM but I agree with a couple other posters. If what has been theorized as being offered actually was, I would have probably already traded both of our guys. I might have been making a mistake but I would have pulled the trigger. Here's hoping AM's poker game that is going on has a couple of pocket aces in his hand and we can still pull this off.

There is no drama except from the hysterical fans who create these crazy scenarios about what's happening behind closed doors between PA, AM and other GM's around the league.

I suggest some nice Transcendental Meditation for you to help you get through these difficult (self-imposed as it may be) times. ;)

Or a few Valium

While I'll be the first to lineup with hesitation and angst over how poorly the O's organization has been run the past 10 years, I'm still giving Andy and Co. the benefit of the doubt. I still believe that the trading deadline or a few weeks before could net us the package we so deserve. Keeping Bedard and Roberts for the short term isn't a bad option. Watching other teams rosters become depleted in Spring Training or during the regular season will only create more of a need for said O's players.

While there may be risk involved by keeping these two (injury or underwhelming performance) I have confidence in both of them. I think they could be the two most talked about people in trades... buzz around the league certainly does increase players values. So while this latest piece of news on Jones isn't promising, let's reserve judgement, Andy can't turn water into wine yet, but be patient, he still may be able to create a Lazarus situation here with the club.

Archived