Jones playing again in Venezuela

JTrea81

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what this means, this is getting ridiculous. It's not like the M's haven't offered us a good package. And it's not like Bedard's value is likely to go up.

MacPhail should have had a deal done by now. Each day that passes, it's looking more and more like Bedard will be an Oriole on opening day. So much for the rebuilding process :rolleyes:

What's the new deal with "insiders"? Can they confirm or deny the speculation on this?

Here's hoping that his break was to take a physical and that the paperwork is being drafted while he goes back to work.

I like this optimism! :D

We can only hope that this is a sign that the Reds deal is back on the table. My guess is that Seattle would not add the fourth player that the Orioles wanted. A deal of Cueto/Bailey, Votto, Stubbs, and Keppinger seems like more than enough to me.

It's beyond me why so many people get worked up about these "imminent" trades. How many times have we heard that Santana's going to the Yankees or Red Sox this offseason?

To my knowledge, the only trades that ever go down are the ones that come out of left field (i.e., MCab and D-Train to Detroit).

A deal could be imminent and the O's gave their approval for Jones to return to winter ball...glass half full.

This doesn't look good, and the deal could be falling apart...glass half empty.

The deal is graveyard dead...glass empty.

My glass is half full.

What's the new deal with "insiders"? Can they confirm or deny the speculation on this?

Here's hoping that his break was to take a physical and that the paperwork is being drafted while he goes back to work.

I think this is certainly possible.

The Orioles are letting both Hernandezes, Daniel Cabrera, Greg Aquino, Freddie Bynum and Chris Roberson play winter ball. Why would they want to keep Jones out, if in fact they're on the verge of acquiring him?

"He could get hurt" . Yeah, but he's a kid that needs to improve, and the way for him to do that is to play ball. He's gaining experience for a team winning playoff games. Let him go!

Does anybody else want off this ride? Seriously this offseason has had so many highs and lows and more lows than highs, that I just want it to end. I'm sick of all this drama.

You and me both. I can't wait until the season starts so we can be done with all this speculation...at least until July :D

This could mean nothing. Bavasi may be posturing to get McPhail to lower his trade demands by saying he is done and telling Jones to play. More of the same game of chicken if you ask me. Bavasi is just negotiating through the media. That 4th player is a hell of a game of chicken on both their parts. Bigbird was the first to say over a month ago it hinged on the 4th player and Rosenthal said the same last week and here we are still today. The good news is ST is a month away and I am sick of this offseason and can not wait to move on. All this waiting is exhausting.

Does anybody else want off this ride? Seriously this offseason has had so many highs and lows and more lows than highs, that I just want it to end. I'm sick of all this drama.

Yeah I agree I wish they would just end the charade and tell everyone the truth, that they are an inept front office, they have no idea how to fix this team, and they are just gonna keep doing what they are doing until they get lucky and have one winning season.

Archived