Offseason: Shin-Soo Choo

joedogg9999

Good points. Maybe those splits make Choo less expensive and perhaps it would be better to platoon him some against LHP. Pence just doesn't get on base enough and too much of his OBP is BA driven,.

I agree he is slightly driven by BA but he is also the only player on the Giants and he was the only player on the Astros most of his career. I still think he could be a great guy to bat in the 2 hole.

I know Markakis is down some but i think he will bounce back.

If he can i would hit him leadoff and Pence 2nd.

Markakis

Pence

Davis

Jones

Weiters

Machado

Hardy

Valencia/ Urrieta

Flaherty/schoop/Roberts whoever at 2nd.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree he is slightly driven by BA but he is also the only player on the Giants and he was the only player on the Astros most of his career. I still think he could be a great guy to bat in the 2 hole.

I know Markakis is down some but i think he will bounce back.

If he can i would hit him leadoff and Pence 2nd.

Markakis

Pence

Davis

Jones

Weiters

Machado

Hardy

Valencia/ Urrieta

Flaherty/schoop/Roberts whoever at 2nd.

So the current MVP of the National League isn't a player?

You get Choo for the increase in OBP. Pence isn't enough of an upgrade in that dept. Pence may be more of a complete player, but the Orioles need the OBP that Choo provides.

Trea I love your passion but you better start hoping they resign McLouth. Choo isn't happening and if he wants 5 years I'm glad.

Trea I love your passion but you better start hoping they resign McLouth. Choo isn't happening and if he wants 5 years I'm glad.
Boston fans are probably going to hate the Victorino contract next season, but this season it helps gets them to the playoffs as Choo would. Choo probably has 3 more good years left and his OBP will play at DH quite nicely for the last two years. As for McLouth, playing everyday has overexposed him once again as he's hit .237/.307/.396/.697 in the second half and has been part of the problem with the offense, so I don't want any part of him coming back. The Orioles need to upgrade.

Corey Hart is more of an Orioles type of target. He is no OBP demon but he could really solidify the DH spot for us and start for McClouth in left against lefties (he destroys them).

Coming off injury, he is probably not going to be too expensive. Even if his OPS falls to .750, that is a whole lot better than what we had at DH pre-Valencia.

I'd also like to sign an old guy like a Hudson or Kuroda to a short term deal so they can steady the rotation as Gausman and Bundy improve

Corey Hart is more of an Orioles type of target. He is no OBP demon but he could really solidify the DH spot for us and start for McClouth in left against lefties (he destroys them).

Coming off injury, he is probably not going to be too expensive. Even if his OPS falls to .750, that is a whole lot better than what we had at DH pre-Valencia.

I'd also like to sign an old guy like a Hudson or Kuroda to a short term deal so they can steady the rotation as Gausman and Bundy improve

What's the matter with Valencia as the RH DH. Sign Ibanez as the LH DH.Get a full time LF and let McLouth be the 4th OF. Forget about signing a FA SP, they aren't going to do that.

Corey Hart just said he wants to take less money to remain a Brewer

http://www.630wpro.com/common/more.php?m=58&ts=1379774173&article=7AD00AB6222311E386DEFEFDADE6840A&mode=2

"I told them I would be very generous to stay here. I wouldn't sit there and ask for anything outlandish," Hart told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I'd definitely take a discount to stay here because I think I owe it to them to stay here and be a cheaper player."

If we don't resign McLouth, I would like to find somebody who brings his combination of OBP and speed to bat leadoff. That's why I don't like Hart, Pence, Cruz etc. We are already leading the league in HRs. We don't need more power hitting OF types.

I really dislike Markakis in the top spot, I don't want to re-sign Roberts, and Schoop/Flaherty don't have the speed or OBP. It would be great if we could find somebody with better splits than McLouth who could bat leadoff all year.

That brings us back to Choo as a possibility, but he is probably not going to be affordable at the years/money we would want. Maybe Rajai Davis as a cheaper option?

Archived