New Summary of Os Nats MASN TV Rights

hoosiers

If the money isn't helping to make the Orioles more competitive financially, why should I or any other Orioles fan care about who is getting the profits?

If Peter is richer, he can spend more if he chooses. If Lerner is richer, the Orioles have no possibility of benefiting.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gosh, I didn't realize he needed more money in order to spend some of it on his baseball team. Let's do a benefit.

Not arguing that point. Just saying Peter is our guy. Some folk liked Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev better than John Fitzgerald Kennedy. I know who I supported.

Not arguing that point. Just saying Peter is our guy. Some folk liked Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev better than John Fitzgerald Kennedy. I know who I supported.

Very good. Now, which one of the following would NOT be acceptable as the new Orioles pitching coach?

a. Mel Antonen

b. Mel Brooks

c. Mel Gibson

d. Mel Stottlemyre

e. Mel Torme

You also just set the understanding of why Orioles fans should oppose any rights increase. The only way I see the rights changing substantially is if the MASN profits get to the 200 million per year level.

This is where we have to disagree. If more money is paid in rights fees, then it is more money that definitely goes to the team versus the MASN investors. The ALCS MVP went to the Red Sox because Duquette, in his own words, could not find a way to fit his $4.25M salary into our budget.

I believe Orioles fans want their team to have as much money as possible in order to succeed. Can anyone tell me where I'm wrong.

Peter taking his profits though MASN is hugely superior for Orioles fans than giving it to the Lerners. For any usage.

Any usage? What if the money stays in Pete's account and doesn't go to the Orioles? I don't have anything against the Nats; my first team growing up was the Washington Senators. If both teams are successful, MASN is more in demand, which means they can charge more for it, increase profits, pay the teams even more money. I'd rather that approach then seeing one group pocketing money, keeping down their business and that of another team. Can anyone tell me why its a bad thing to have two successful teams in our area, which more money paid to the Nationals could help produce.

This is where we have to disagree. If more money is paid in rights fees, then it is more money that definitely goes to the team versus the MASN investors. The ALCS MVP went to the Red Sox because Duquette, in his own words, could not find a way to fit his $4.25M salary into our budget.

I believe Orioles fans want their team to have as much money as possible in order to succeed. Can anyone tell me where I'm wrong.

Any usage? What if the money stays in Pete's account and doesn't go to the Orioles? I don't have anything against the Nats; my first team growing up was the Washington Senators. If both teams are successful, MASN is more in demand, which means they can charge more for it, increase profits, pay the teams even more money. I'd rather that approach then seeing one group pocketing money, keeping down their business and that of another team. Can anyone tell me why its a bad thing to have two successful teams in our area, which more money paid to the Nationals could help produce.

I understand your point of view. Peter owns the Orioles and MASN. any money that belongs to either of those companies can be used for the Orioles. I know what you mean about the transpanancy, but any money that the Lerners take from the Angelos family can not be used to sign Koji. Or Beltran, or anyone that could play for the Orioles. I am not saying that Peter will have a change of heart or methods of business. I am only saying that money in the Lerners pocket can not help us. No matter how transparent an Angelos money grab might become.

I would guess that this math is close to the exact number. Thanks for the forensic accounting.

Why were you giving Frobby credit for "dealing with the facts" when the number was $29M, but now say that $47M in MASN profits and $39M to PA is "close to the number"?

Again, someone will have to explain to me how the Nats TV rights fees could net in the $100M area and the Os in the $50M area and how MASN claims to generate $146M in revenue? Something is fundamentally wrong with these numbers. It is difficult to conclude anything other than the books are not reported appropriately or the business is grossly mis-managed or the product mis-priced.

Why were you giving Frobby credit for "dealing with the facts" when the number was $29M, but now say that $47M in MASN profits and $39M to PA is "close to the number"?

Again, someone will have to explain to me how the Nats TV rights fees could net in the $100M area and the Os in the $50M area and how MASN claims to generate $146M in revenue? Something is fundamentally wrong with these numbers. It is difficult to conclude anything other than the books are not reported appropriately or the business is grossly mis-managed or the product mis-priced.

Thinking that a lot of MASN revenue is tied to subscription fees I once tried to get the number of households that receive MASN. I was not successful in my attempt.

I learned from this thread. That is why. I suspect the books are honest. Other than that, I have no idea.

Peter taking his profits though MASN is hugely superior for Orioles fans than giving it to the Lerners. For any usage.

What is the logic in this? PA purposely pays a below market TV rights fee to the Orioles to stuff that $ into his pocket and I am to be please with that option. That option implies that the Os would be better off if PA DID NOT OWN MASN. Truly bizarre logic.

What is the logic in this? PA purposely pays a below market TV rights fee to the Orioles to stuff that $ into his pocket and I am to be please with that option. That option implies that the Os would be better off if PA DID NOT OWN MASN. Truly bizarre logic.

Weams is not a fan of the Nationals.

Archived