Orioles reportedly one of the "front runners" for Samardzija

section36

10 years 300 is absurd. 8 for 200 I'd do in a heartbeat. The last couple of years might be dicey but the first 5 or so would be very very nice.

For a player that is already 31? Oh man I sure wouldn't. Cano is a great player but

there is no way I sign him for that. IMO

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see them doing it for Ed Rod. Not sure if I want to offer him, but I think that might get it done.

It wouldn't. There are 8 teams with interest in Jeff. Expect a surprisingly large haul from whatever team wins.

Examples:

Arizona: Skaggs, Holmberg, Pollock

Royals: Zimmer,K.Herrera, Almonte

Personally I have no idea what an O's package would look like since they don't have a lead piece to offer in a package without Bundy or Gausman.

If the Cubs want a package of prospects for Jeff Samardzjia then I think you can count us out. We are in no position to give up the few good prospects we have for anybody, much less Samardzjia. The Orioles are in a position to trade a few established veteran players for young players, not the other way around IMO.

If the Cubs want a package of prospects for Jeff Samardzjia then I think you can count us out. We are in no position to give up the few good prospects we have for anybody, much less Samardzjia. The Orioles are in a position to trade a few established veteran players for young players, not the other way around IMO.

The Orioles are also in a position to add talent to an already solid core, and make a run with the minimum window they have to be good. But they won't trade players to do that and they won't spend money to get established players. Once again the team is in limbo on a clear direction. AM couldn't succeed here and now DD is finding out the limitations he has to work under. But its business as usual for Mr. Angelos.

For a player that is already 31? Oh man I sure wouldn't. Cano is a great player but

there is no way I sign him for that. IMO

Yeah, you probably hate the last couple of years but I think he gets us to the WS in the next two. I'll take the trade off.

10 years 300 is absurd. 8 for 200 I'd do in a heartbeat. The last couple of years might be dicey but the first 5 or so would be very very nice.

More than the last couple years. I think the last 5 or 6 years might be dicey. I agree that Cano could get us a World Series in the next two years, but it's always a bit of a crap shoot once in the playoffs (and I don't think Cano would make us unstoppable by any means). If we didn't win a World Series in the first couple years of that contract, it would badly hurt us thereafter. This team needs to find a more sustainable way to become successful. I don't think giving more than $200 million to Cano would be good.

It wouldn't. There are 8 teams with interest in Jeff. Expect a surprisingly large haul from whatever team wins.

Examples:

Arizona: Skaggs, Holmberg, Pollock

Royals: Zimmer,K.Herrera, Almonte

Personally I have no idea what an O's package would look like since they don't have a lead piece to offer in a package without Bundy or Gausman.

Just because those teams have those players doesn't mean they are willing to deal them for Samardzija.

There's a lot to like about Samardzija.

1) Young

2) Under team control for 2 more years

3) Proven number two

4) 200 K / year

5) Very little mileage on his arm due to his beginnings in the bullpen

6) Reasonable contract

7) Durable frame

8) Competitor

Imagine if we could land Samardzija and then sign a guy like Garza. All of the sudden our rotation looks like this:

Garza

Samardzija

Tillman

Chen

Gonzalez/Norris

That's a bonified rotation and those are damn good number 5's.

Find someone to play LF, Bundy and Gausman waiting in the wings, and Schoop waiting.

From what I have heard, that would be Bundy and Gausman waiting in the wings at Iowa...The Cubs AAA team. No thanks.

So be it, send them Bundy and another B arm.

If we add Samardzija and then are able to sign Garza (teammates in 2013) and add a LF, we are instantly competing for #1 in the division.

Archived